On Board Pump

lwmcguir

You should be able to increase the air pressure in your permeate tank. You need to be at the bottom end of where your pump output pressure decays to or the same pressure where it starts at. Need to use a good gage to check it with. If you are running an RO in the camper you really need to keep it pressured up all the time unless you have a new style that shuts off when the permeate tank reaches system calibrated pressure. We use a GE Merlin system which is larger than you need unless you want to run all the water through it. Any of the units at the big box stores should work fine if properly installed. We like the RO permeate for ice and drinking. Be sure you change out the carbon filters each season at a minimum though.

porthole

Retired
The system I have doesn't shut off, least as far as I can tell.
It will be an experiment to see if the tank will work. With the RO it is set at 7 psi. I will probably need 20-25 psi as an accumulator, will have to see how it works at that.

I read almost as much negativity as positives on RO systems. So, not sure if I will bother trying to get the bugs worked out and most likely will just keep it as a 4 stage filter instead of it's designed 5 stage filtering.