On-board water filter.

Tomnbeth

We were re-arranging some of our cabinet contents and my wife produced a water filter cartridge and wrench that I had never seen before and she said we got them with the new Landmark. I cannot find any reference to a water filter in any of our documentation and my wife said the filter cartridge and wrench were loose in a drawer. Did the new rig come with an on-board water filter? Where is it located?

klindgren

Retired Virginia Chapter Leaders
My Landmark came with one. It is behind the UDC. I removed the access panel in the basement and the filter was right next to the removable wall.

danemayer

Hi Tomnbeth,

We have an owner-written Landmark 365 User Guide that may help with the water filter and other things not discussed in the manual that came with the trailer. Here's a link to the user guide folder. You can also get there by clicking on the TOOLS tab at top of the page and selecting HUG - Heartland User Guides.

carl.swoyer

I put mine in the basement so I can get to it without having to move anything. So looking at the service bay where the tank handles are it's to the left

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

ksucats

On ours we found that there was no filter in the water filter housing. Given that it was behind the UDC and we'd have to remove that panel (definitely not as handy with tools as others on this forum) I elected to bypass the filter completely and now use an exterior filter. I know that some have removed the filter and actually plumbed it in the easily accessible part of the basement; others have taken it out completed (as we did) and now use a single (or dual) filter arrangement. I just saw a post where someone mentioned having two filters - the first for sediment and the second a charcoal filter to handle taste and some of the other nastiness that can come with water. They carry the filter arrangement in a plastic tote and just have to hook the hoses up when they arrive.

Power247

<snip> They carry the filter arrangement in a plastic tote and just have to hook the hoses up when they arrive.

This is what we do. I used quick connect fittings to speed things up even more.

Greg
2012 | 2500 | CCSB | Custom MCC by Double R Diesel

HOOKERUP

Have wrench and filters, removed panel to check filter canister and there was none. Mounting bracket was there.It was by passed.:confused: