On the way home from Nashville -- Part 2

cjhicks

After making a stop in Va. on the way home from Nashville, we pulled out of the campground and drove about 120 miles and stoped for a break. Before we pulled out from our break I checked all of the tire pressures via TPM all were ok. About 5 miles down the road left front tire on trailer blew, found that the tread had come off of the tire and there was some damage to the side of the trailer. So we will be off the road until we can get all of the Towmax/Powerking tires replaced with new tires and the trailer repaired. The trailer next to us in Nashville had the same thing happen to them on the way to Nashville and he told me it was the 2nd time and they were Goodyear 614. Has anyone else had problems with there 614's :(:(

SouthernNights

Past South Carolina Chapter Leader
Sorry to hear about the tire failing Calvin. Hope the trailer wasn't too badly damaged.

here is a link on a G614 tire failure

There may be more but the 614 does have a good reputation as does the Michelin XPS

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
After making a stop in Va. on the way home from Nashville, we pulled out of the campground and drove about 120 miles and stoped for a break. Before we pulled out from our break I checked all of the tire pressures via TPM all were ok. About 5 miles down the road left front tire on trailer blew, found that the tread had come off of the tire and there was some damage to the side of the trailer. So we will be off the road until we can get all of the Towmax/Powerking tires replaced with new tires and the trailer repaired. The trailer next to us in Nashville had the same thing happen to them on the way to Nashville and he told me it was the 2nd time and they were Goodyear 614. Has anyone else had problems with there 614's :(:(

We're sitting in a dealer in NY having body repairs done right now, from a G614 blowing out last week...it was three years old, and in great condition, threw the entire tread off of it.

Your 3410 is rated for E load tires...if it we me, I would go with the Michelin XPS RIB. Have used them on previous trailers and NEVER had any issues..one great tire! They would be on our 3600RL if we didn't need G loads...after we get about two years out of these new G614's, we're replacing the rims with 17.5" rims and going up to H load LT tires...tired of trailer tire issues...JMHO.

TireHobby

The statement below is verbatim right out of the NHSTA ( http://www.safercar.gov/ ) web page. The owners manuals have size, so does the vehicle placards. Once the size has been determined all the other information will be somewhere on the sidewall.

To maintain tire safety, purchase new tires that are the same size as the vehicle's original tires or another size recommended by the manufacturer.

TireHobby

cjhicks

Sorry to hear about the tire failing Calvin. Hope the trailer wasn't too badly damaged.

here is a link on a G614 tire failure

There may be more but the 614 does have a good reputation as does the Michelin XPS
Larry, Thanks for the link info. The damage to the trailer was limited to the lower sheet metal and the last time I saw the fender it was on the front bumper of an 18 Wheeler East bound on Rt 66