One A/C or Two?

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Theresau, we ordered our Bighorn with the Fantasticfan in the bedroom as well, but had it wired for the a/c. Six months later I installed the second air conditioner. We normally use the bedroom air when first setting up, for a quick cool down. On really hot days we will run the second one, and on very few nights do we run it when we are in bed. I will never be without the second a/c again. During the hot sunny days the bedroom gets warmer than we would like it. For us 72-74 is comfy. For someone else 85 might be the desired temp. You can always turn it off if it gets too cool, but without it your stuck if it gets too warm.
Peace
Dave

Last edited:

KENNY COCHRAN

MCNEESE STATE COWBOYS #1
we just installed the second unit yesterday. It is wonderful. We actually cooled down to 67 by this morning.
After setting up two days ago at 7pm and at 1 in the morning it was still 81 with the one unit we decided to get the second. Watching the temps rise in the coach in the hot sun was another good reason.
this was a good choice for us in texas....

your dealer should be shot if he sold you a unit in texas with only one ac unit. What was he thinking? He should know better. No excuses.

ChopperBill

We have no need for the second. But, its AZ in the winter and 8000 plus feet in the mountains in the summer. If I was doing it though I would think the Coleman 9000 Polar Cub would be plenty for the bedroom, takes lots less power, but I probably would go with one of those new portable jobs and just sit it in the closet area with the door open and vent it to the outside. That way I would still have the fantastic fan and could use the portable A/C in the garage or other places.

Theresau

What a great idea about the portable AC!!!

You've helped us make the final decision....we're in MI and don't usually have a reason for the 2nd...

Bobby A

There has been many post in regards to this issue, my problem is that Heartland claims to have these units tested for extreme heating and cooling conditions. Never once have I seen in the brochure that a 2nd a/c is needed to get these so called results. Having said that, we are in south east Michigan and have been in a heat wave the last 3 days with 90 plus temps and high humity. In our 3580 B/H the A/C comes on about 8 in the morning and doesn't shut off till around 10 at night, but it has kept us plenty cool enough. Sure wish it would cycle a little to give the meter and my wallet a break.

osims

bsims
Bobby A
I do realize these units are tested, but what maybe comfortable to some may not be comfortable for others. In Texas right now it is over 100 with extreme humidity and it takes two A/C units to maintain our comfort level.
Bill

Charlie Harris

Need Two in Summer

While we are in Vidalia Louisiana at present sitting on the Mississippi watching the tow boats and barges going and coming, I sure wish we had gone with the extra A/C. We have been out a week now, and the near 100 degree mark makes it pretty hard for the one A/C to cool until after dark. Thank goodness my wife insisted we bring the stand fan along (just in case). That woman is smart. We will be ordering one for installation on our return to E. Texas.:eek:

Theresau

The more we thought about the portable AC - the more we liked the idea. I'm not crazy about an ac over the bed for one. Our thoughts are that we will drain through the washer drain in the closet.

Bobby A

Well Bill, I suppose if I lived in Tx. or another like state that you guys have the high temps and humity for weeks on end I would also consider a 2nd a/c. And yes, comfort level is a personal preference. My issue is with Heartland and the advertising in the brochure being misleading.
Bob

jolar3329

In my Big Horn 3670 one air will cool the interior to 90 degrees when the outside temp is 103. I would get to units if I were ordering now.

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
We are in Benton Arkansas and it is HOT HOT HOT here. The temperature is 96 with the heat index of 105. I have two a/c units and could use two more!