Open holes in floor

pokypa

Looking under the kitchen sink and bathroom sink the hole cut in the floor for the drain and water lines are big enough for a rat or squirrel to crawl through. I would think they should have that hole filler sprayed in them. Looked under the bottom of the unit and there are many holes not sealed for anything to crawl in. Took the inspection cover off in the storage area near the UDC and many holes where daylight is coming through in the under belly. Should I seal all these places up with the form spray sealer, which I can do. Just wondering if this is common with Hearthland's RV's. Let me know what you think or am I the only one with this problem.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
The openings are fairly common in most brands, I believe. Use the expanding spray foam to fill them. For the larger ones, tape a piece of window screen over it and spray the foam onto it. It will expand and set to hold it.

You can use a piece rubber (old inner tube) to make a cover to go around the piston rid for your slide hydraulic rams. That you can screw onto the frame around the hole.

I use MouseFree spray in the undercarriage to keep mice and insects out. Not cheap, but it works better than anything else. Only need to apply it once a season.

Garypowell

I've had 4 different brands and they all have these openings. I've never made an attempt to close them up either. Never had anything other than ants....and they are not that hard to get rid of.

priorguy

Mine was used when I bought it and all penetrations were spay foamed. I've heard steel-wool is better as rodents won't chew through it. I suggest filling the holes with steel-wool and then foam on top for insulation.

ewooster

Stainless steel pot scrubbers keep rodents from chewing through and will not rust. A Google search will help you locate them if they are not available at your local hardware or grocery store.