Organizing the Basement

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
We have a dish satellite, which is a PITA to store. Yesterday while in Walmart, my DW found a zippered wreath storage bag for $4 which turned out to be our inspiration. When I got home I discovered that the arm was riveted at the dish. Took a 1/4" bit and drilled out the rivets, which lets the arm detach. 2 - 1/4" bolts and wing nuts reattach it in seconds. With the arm detached everthing fits into the wreath bag perfectly, making a compact way to store the dish.

View attachment 28657View attachment 28658View attachment 28659

Great idea!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MTPockets

Using wood 2x3's I made a 4 legged table with short legs that I place in the storage area. My primary purpose was to place my chairs on top of this table. I also use rod holders on the front side wall for rods, outdoor broom, and cleaning brush. Two stackable bins for various chemicals, cleaners. Then other bins, totes can fit under my table. Works great for me with very little rearranging to get at stuff.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
While we're on storage and organizing, for those that tend to stay on seasonal or longer term sites, this is how we store our extra chairs, games, etc. After struggling with how to move it from home to the site (actually hauled it assembled in the truck bed after removing the hitch), I shaved the snap-tabs on the panels so that they would not lock tightly and drilled for carraige bolts, washers and wing nuts to hold it all together. It can be assembled or disassembled in a few minutes, and will fit into the front compartment for transport. All of the stuff that's inside it can then be piled into the front, as well. When we're not on-site, it protects our stuff from the elements when the awning is retracted and a padlock protects it from opportunists. Of course, if they really want my folding chairs, they could get into it, but nobody has.

View attachment 28850View attachment 28851View attachment 28849

priorguy

http://www.keter.com/products/manor-46s#images

This is what I use at my seasonal site. Fits in the truck bed. One advantage of having a TT instead if a 5er. Even the full sized BBQ fits inside. If someone really wants it they'll get in but it protects everything from the elements and keeps the site tidy and organized. Even a large stack of firewood is in there nice and dry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JanAndBill

While we're on storage and organizing, for those that tend to stay on seasonal or longer term sites, this is how we store our extra chairs, games, etc. After struggling with how to move it from home to the site (actually hauled it assembled in the truck bed after removing the hitch), I shaved the snap-tabs on the panels so that they would not lock tightly and drilled for carraige bolts, washers and wing nuts to hold it all together. It can be assembled or disassembled in a few minutes, and will fit into the front compartment for transport. All of the stuff that's inside it can then be piled into the front, as well. When we're not on-site, it protects our stuff from the elements when the awning is retracted and a padlock protects it from opportunists. Of course, if they really want my folding chairs, they could get into it, but nobody has.

View attachment 28850View attachment 28851View attachment 28849

Like the knockdown idea!!