Oshkosh Awnings

gfnesbitt

The two awnings on my 2018 Oshkosh are too flat when fully extended. When it rains they fill with water and eventually one end will dip and dump all the water. And I do mean dump! This cannot possibly be how they are intended to work. There is literally no pitch and does not provide the proper amount of shade. Pulling them down and tightening adjustment knobs is quite a chore and almost impossible. I believe the gas struts are too long. This is a poor design. Any advice?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ram22

Same on my 22FBS. First rain that revealed this caused the screws to fail holding one end of the awning reel. The whole thing collapsed. Now I carry a couple motorcycle tie downs that I use to compress the gas struts enough to give some slope.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lou_and_Bette

The two awnings on my 2018 Oshkosh are too flat when fully extended. When it rains they fill with water and eventually one end will dip and dump all the water. And I do mean dump! This cannot possibly be how they are intended to work. There is literally no pitch and does not provide the proper amount of shade. Pulling them down and tightening adjustment knobs is quite a chore and almost impossible. I believe the gas struts are too long. This is a poor design. Any advice?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Gary, that is indeed how they were designed to work. I had the same situation on our 2011 Road Warrior. However, while on a trip to Canada, left the awning out in light rain while we walked to our friend’s rig in the same park but not visible from our rig. Came back to find the awning structure a twist mangle. There was no wind so apparently the awning did not dump and rain water continued to collect until the weight collapsed the awning...moral - NEVER walk away and leave your awning out.

RoadJunkie

Describe your awnings. My Dometic awnings allow for adjustment to lower one side or the other, or both.