Out side speakers

Luckyhat12

I still gotta say that the fader deal on the Jensen is a riduculous solution to the issue of controlling inside and outside speakers. With the fader you are controlling all 4 speakers inside as if they were only 2 speakers and then you fade to the outside and you still have the inside going. I know the two zone deal has the ability to work but it does not have the ability for it to work correctly supporting 6 speakers appropriately.

How much trouble would it have been to put a simple selector switch in the panel that is already there.

Frustrating at best.

We just did our walk-thru on the 09 Cyclone 3914 and could not figure out how to turn the outside speakers off. Any suggestions? The service guy didn't know either.

G

gregd

I sent Jim Beletti out a qiuck guide. Jim, can you please forward this over.

You need to push the zone button then you can choose zone 1 or 2. zone 2 is for the outside speakers. you then can adjust the speakers etc...

tbsimmons

Ours didn't either, I had to figure it out.
With ours it was a Fader control.
This was after I re-wired the speakers and the RCA's everything was backwards.

Luckyhat12

Anyone know where to get the grommets for wires to go through wood? My DVD player stinks and regularly skips whole segments of movies so I am pretty well resigned to putting in a secondary DVD player and using the Jensen for just a head unit.

I was watching a new DVD just taken out of the package last night and it skipped3 chapters. this video has no fingerprints or scratches on it and it still skipped. Dealer couldn't "reproduce regularly" so I don't get a new unit. It also does it when it gets hot inside there. I believe there should be a vent in the side to keep it from over heating.

jbeletti

Chris,

Home Depot, Lowes etc. Look in the hardware section in the row that has the hardware in the pull-out drawers. You'll find various sized desk grommets there.

Jim

davelinde

I still gotta say that the fader deal on the Jensen is a ridiculous solution...

How much trouble would it have been to put a simple selector switch in the panel that is already there.

Frustrating at best.

100% agree.

I went down to where my 3210 is stored to do some work on it and I really did LIKE the outside speakers, but I could not figure out how to play outside without playing inside too. Fortunately (after much fiddling) we had previously figured out how to play inside without playing outside.... but I have no idea what kind of spacial sound I'm making -- seems like 4 speaker without sub-woofer or center?

Putting some switches into the various speaker lines will be on my to-do list... I'll go ponder those instructions again. I agree - I cannot figure out how it was intended to control 7 speakers (6+sub) and provide a center speaker with this setup/wiring. At some point I'll make it work. If anyone else solves it first, let me know please.

jbeletti

Dave,

First thing Monday, contact ASA Customer Service at 877-845-8750. Tell them the model Jensen you have and see if they can guide you on this. Let everyone know what you find out.

Thanks,

Jim

We just picked our Cyclone 3914 up today!!! And we are having a problem with our speakers as well. We can't get our outside speakers to turn OFF. This is going to be a major problem because if we want to watch tv or a movie at night and other people in camp are in bed everyone will be able to hear. We tried the fader and it didn't work. Any suggestions??

Terry H

Past Texas North Chapter Leader/Moderator
Staff member
Please look at post 23, it might be your solution.

//heartlandowners.org/showpost.php?p=47056&postcount=23

Ok so we have tried everything on those stupid speakers and we are very frustrated. When I hit the zone button it only says "2 - Zone" how do you get 1 - Zone? Also, my husband took it apart and all the speakers are hooked together. For example, when you balance all to the left they all go to the left including the outside speakers and visa versa. There is no separate zone for the outside. There are 4 speaker outputs and they only used 2 (right & Left) and they should of put the outside on zone 3 or 4. Any suggestions how to fix this? Should we take it back in? But we are nervous about that though because it sounds like they can't even wire these things right in any of them.

davelinde

First thing Monday, contact ASA Customer Service at 877-845-8750. Tell them the model Jensen you have and see if they can guide you on this. Let everyone know what you find out.

Jim - thanx for the number and suggestion. I may end up going that route eventually. Right now my rig and the manual are in storage so I really can't play with it. My first step will be to figure out which speakers track to which zone... it currently seems like the front speakers are the front and the rear speakers and outside speakers are the rear - but I could be wrong.

My other strategy will be to tell my 12 y/o son that I don't think he can figure it out... That will be sure to get him to play with it for a while to show me he can :)

We have a 2009 3210 cyclone. We can't get the outside speakers and inside speakers to run independately. We had to disconnect the outside speakers to watch the tv without bothering our neighbors. We tried the fader and that didn't do anything.