Outdoor Entertainment Center Awning?

wildwolfproducts

Our 2012 Key Largo did not come with the Awning above the Outdoor Entertainment Center. Does anyone know if this awning is a Manual awning? Or Powered one? Thinking I like the Electric better as it does not out the arms down in the way. But then again we could add the Manual easy as no wiring to it.
Were testing out the Easy-up 10x10ft first and may find we would rather use it then the Awning. But it does take more time to put up or take down and in storms it may be an issue. But then again if we go with a awning the issue is getting the arms painted to match the camper color. Find the awning its self in the same color as the rest of the awning on the camper.

Any help with this or ideals please let us know.
Leaving to go camping tomorrow for a week. So may not check this everyday.
Pete

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
We had RVS for Less install a 2nd electric awning on our Big Country when we ordered the coach. If I remember correctly, you also got your LM from them and they can add it as a aftermarket. A manual awning is cheaper than the electric one but it's so nice just to push a button to close it instead of wrestling a manual when weather is bad. Good luck.

wildwolfproducts

Was wondering if the factory may have thought ahead and have the electrical close for it? rjr6150 Wheres your switch for the awning over the Entertainment center? I was thinking about adding it to a spot near the Outside TV. As its easy to get it to and close for the wiring. Hope I can tie into the wiring there also. As the three doors on back of it under the table gives us good access to that.
Will be running an HDMI cable around the walls this weekend for the Football games until I have time to fish one under the floor and up to the inside space for the Sat box. Got to Watch the opening games of Purdue (We where going to watch it in person Our Nephew Rob Henry #15 is back after blowing out his knee last year) Boiler Up... and UT Vols even though not looking for much out of them this season. Go Vols..
Pete

wildwolfproducts

We had RVS for Less install a 2nd electric awning on our Big Country when we ordered the coach. If I remember correctly, you also got your LM from them and they can add it as a aftermarket. A manual awning is cheaper than the electric one but it's so nice just to push a button to close it instead of wrestling a manual when weather is bad. Good luck.

We will have it done local or I will do it. Were in West Tn. 6 hours to RVs for less for us. Sure looks like a wet weekend for us camping. But let it rain cool the temps off. Burned today did not blister. We were fishing and caught around 75 lbs of catfish in less then 2 hours. Fish-fry soon.
Pete

jbeletti

wwp,

As you know, the early versions of the outdoor entertainment option did not include a patio awning. After some feedback, it was clear that a patio awning was something that would really enhance the outdoor entertainment experience.

Heartland engineered it and over a period of months, moved towards adding it. Circuit wiring and maybe a switch was added to some production units. Then the awning itself began to be installed. At the time the awning was included, the price for the outdoor entertainment option was increased.

This all to say that you "may" have the wiring already. I suggest you open or remove the doors under the table behind the TV. Look at all the wiring there to see if there is any DC wiring there that is unused. I know of one owner who's unit has the wiring and maybe even the switch. His unit was built "just" before the awning was added to the option and priced into it as well.

My Key Largo was built in late January of 2012. Mine has the awning.

Even if you decide to add an electric awning yourself, adding the wiring should not be any harder for you that pulling your HDMI cable from the entertainment slide to the dinette slide.

I suggest you check with Heartland Customer Service on what they would sell you a matching electric awning and switch for.

Jim