Outdoor TV

TxCowboy

I have no specific recommendation but just doing an Internet search for "tv for outdoor patio" turned up quite a few weatherproof models.

jeffdee

Any recommendations for an excellent TV for the outdoor entertainment area??

I have a 32" RCA LCD combo DVD/TV from 5 years ago. I had it when I was pulling a 32' TT. I kept the box it came in to store the tv when not in use. I put a bracket on the back of the TV so I can quickly set it up with the arm I installed on the basement wall. The arm stows away taking very little room and swings out to attach to the TV. The TV itself is normally stored under the queen bed in the bedroom.

An outside TV has reduced clarity on a bright day. But it does very well in the evening and at night. The built in DVD player is very convenient for watching movies outside. I did not want to permanently mount a TV that stows in the basement because room is precious and possibly something would damage the screen during travel. Also, I did not want it exposed to excessive heat or moisture. I have only used the TV outside twice in the last 18 months.

The DVD is perfect for babysitting kids OUTSIDE. The TV works well for sports games. The 32" screen is large enough for viewing and the TV is not heavy to handle.

On the Cyclones the basement is prewired with cable for an outside TV.

Now I will tell you that I did replace the TV in the den with a 42" high quality VIZIO Smart TV and it made a big difference in picture quality and more enjoyable viewing with the SONY Dolby sound system.