Outside shower

Tweitekamp

Anybody capped off the water lines to the outside shower? I have delamination happening and it really chaps me! I took the shower assembly off the side of the camper and see the hack job they did to install it! I did see issues with the bottom of the cutout such as water stains. I sealed up the whole opening.....and I mean every little spot...foam and all with some really good gray stuff from my local RV dealership. I was expecting to see a waterline loose but it looked ok. I had water in the tank so I pressurized the system with both hot and cold water and ran for 5 gallons or so. Didn't see any leaks! Not sure where to go from here??

I am debating about disconnecting the water lines to the outside shower. Has anybody done that? Would there be a possible winterization issue if I drain the low point drains for both hot and cold?
Just incredibly frustrating when I buy this camper last fall with no delamination issues and now I have 2 good ones! The outside shower and fridge grille!

thoughts?

iawoody2

Even though it's a 2010 I would call customer service. They usally are very good about helping with problems and giveing some direction on what to do.

RuralPastor

We disconnected ours because it broke loose at 2 in the morning, not because we've had any delam issues. The dangling stubs of hot/cold lines drain fine in the winter. We use ours in the winter so I'm glad the outside shower is gone now. One less thing to freeze.

Tweitekamp

Access is always the issue. I need to probably break down and buy a pex tool. Installing shut off valves is a good idea! I just don't know why I had water around the outside shower fixture...?? Oh well, I'll figure it out someday. I need to find time to tear the underpinning off and find out why I have issues filling my fresh water tank. My vent tube is not right. Just a long list of fixes that need to be done that should be right from the factory. Part of owning one of these I guess.

The delamination thing just makes me grumpy. Very nice trailer and now I have a blemish that can't ever be fixed. Like rust on a car!

thanks for the ideas guys!

todd