Outside speakers.

Tomnbeth

Why are there no outside speakers on the new Landmark 365s? All previous 5th wheels I have owned had outside speakers.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
You're not missing much . . .

They are basically useless.

At least they have been on both RV's we've owned that had them.

danemayer

You might call Heartland Customer Service at 877-262-8032 / 574-262-8030 to see if speakers are part of the Outdoor Entertainment Option.

SNOKING

Marines and most marriages have fidelity, however those(ours) outside speakers fail in that arena! The sealed wall that they are mounted in does not allow the cone of the speaker to move like an open chamber behind a normal/tuned speaker. A speaker enclosure is almost as important as the speaker it's self. You could take those speakers out of the wall and mount them is a piece of plywood and they most likely would sound better. Chris

Westwind

Mine are not functioning and aren't worth anything, I'm looking to replace with a better speaker but if your looking for good sound you should find some type of wireless stand alones that have some quality of sound. What has been used to date can be found online for less then $40 or so, what does that tell you.

Tomnbeth

Danemayer, I have the outside entertainment option but Heartland downsized that to only the TV. My Landmark Mesa outside entertainment center had a TV, DVD/CD player and speakers.

danemayer

just another cut back by rv manufactures ,soon we will need to pay to have wheels on the units,can't believe how they keep cutting back but keep putting up their prices.
Our 2011 Landmark doesn't have outside speakers either. I thought they had them in the LM365 entertainment center at one point, but perhaps not. Or maybe what the General Manager adds, he also may take away.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Again . . . don't feel bad if you don't have outdoor speakers!

They are junk, anywayz . . . buy a good boombox and you'll have a much better outdoor speaker system!

Tomnbeth

Thanks for all the responses. I like Jim Beletti's suggestion of a small sound bar so I'll research to see if I can find one small enough to fit in the space under the TV.

ksucats

Your unit sounds like ours, just the TV for the outside entertainment system. As I recall the dealer had a different model of the LM365 on the lot when we first looked at the Key West and it had small speakers, a RADIO (emphasis intended) and DVD player in the outside entertainment box. Now no DVD, no speakers and no radio. We failed to notice that there is also no radio inside the coach until our first Football tailgate. Looked high and low for that thing - at first thought the Samsung DVD player was also a radio receiver but no such luck. Many others here have stated that they use their cell phones and Bluetooth but we are always moving into and out of the coach and immediate area. Tried it and it didn't work well for us. Regardless, enjoying our coach. Sorry for the off-topic (radio) addition.

NHCelt

I tried to have them delete mine and they wouldn't.

Sent from my XT1096 using Tapatalk

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Thanks for all the responses. I like Jim Beletti's suggestion of a small sound bar so I'll research to see if I can find one small enough to fit in the space under the TV.

On a rig tour at a rally, we saw someone had added a Bose soundbar to their inside tv. It was about the size of a brick, and was amazing sounding. They said it wasn't too expensive, either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Westwind

Another Thought! Every opening in the sidewall of an RV or FW you are subject to water intrusion and delamination. Yes when NEW you can open everything up and make sure that sidewall cuts and openings ( ex. remove refrigerator grills and seal the edges of the wall opens) have been sealed by the factory. Sometimes things are forgotten during the manufacturing process!
The speakers that I have seen are not anything that impresses me, they are always the cheapest brand that can be found. My opinion is just forget about it and find some type of wireless.

Crumgater

Maybe a wireless bluetooth speaker could be connected? Then you could use it where ever you want, and not have to be near the side where the outdoor speakers would have been.

On our Elkridge, the outdoor speakers are under the bedroom window, but the most logical place for the entertainment area is by the living room window... so... while we use them occasionally, they're not really very flexible.

At least this way you get to pick the speaker configuration you want... you just have to figure out how to get it connected. :)

GOTTOYS

My outside speakers fell apart in short order. I blanked them out behind the grills and sealed the openings to keep out the cold and water. Never worked good anyway with such cheap speakers and having to go inside to adjust the volume or change stations. Now I just use a small portable radio.

JCB

Of all the RV's we have owned or seen, none have had quality AV components. Like previously mentioned, I do not want any more holes in the exterior of my unit than need be. The placement of most of the exterior speakers I have seen have been placed way to high IMO. Why not place them near head level so they can be heard more easy without bothering your neighbor! What I did to my current RV, and plan to do to my new Landmark, is add bracketed exterior speakers and stereo receiver to the inside of my front compartment. Currently I have the Polk Atrium speakers, and they are mounted way up out of the way as to not interfere with my loading and unloading. I have no exterior speaker holes, the sound is much much better and in the end it probably cost me less than what the manf would have charged for the option.