Owners Forum Website Problems?

JanAndBill

Has anyone else experienced problems with the website using Explorer 11? Since upgrading to IE 11 it acts really weird when I try to post a response, or add pictures. I can use Chrome to access the site with no problems at all.

ncc1701e

Had the same problem. Went to Options and selected show in compatibility mode. This seems to have corrected the issue of uploading pictures.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Make the switch to 'Chrome' . . .

I'm running Windblows 7 and IE10 on both my laptop and desktop and I have nothing but problems with both.

I now use Google Chrome for the internet and have no problems what-so-ever.

Gaffer

Re: Make the switch to 'Chrome' . . .

Ditto
I'm running Windblows 7 and IE10 on both my laptop and desktop and I have nothing but problems with both.

I now use Google Chrome for the internet and have no problems what-so-ever.

Chainsaw

Saskatchewan Chapter Leader
Well, I am surprised I could post this since I have tried for 3 days to thank the guys that helped me. I use E11 and have problems all the time, tried my mac and had problems. who knows.

JanAndBill

Microsoft in their "opinion" fixed all the compatibility problems with IE 11, so they didn't need a compatibility button anymore. Thankfully they did leave another way to change the compatibility mode. First open the Heartland Forums website in IE 11. On the top right corner of the IE 11 browser is the a little gear looking button, called tools. Click on it and go to COMPATIBILITY VIEW SETTINGS. The Heartland Website address should already be in the add this website window. Click on the ADD button, then click on CLOSE. Heartland's website will now run in compatibility mode every time you open it in IE11. So far I haven't had any other issues with Heartland and IE 11.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
The last problem I had with an IE upgrade was it would no longer open my security software. Ended up having to switch to Googoo Chrome. Can't say a whole lot of good with it, either, other than it usually opens the security program without coaxing. And it runs slower than IE ever did.

Gaffer

Google Chrome runs a lot faster on my laptop than IE ever did.
The last problem I had with an IE upgrade was it would no longer open my security software. Ended up having to switch to Googoo Chrome. Can't say a whole lot of good with it, either, other than it usually opens the security program without coaxing. And it runs slower than IE ever did.

JohnD

Google Chrome runs a lot faster on my laptop than IE ever did.

I have to agree with you . . .

I did the compatibility settings in IE10 & IE11 . . . and it didn't help either my laptop or desktop, both running Windblows 7.

I'm viewing this in Google Chrome right now . . . and it is fast as can be!

donr827

I have used IE for a long time. I did have that compatibility problem for a short time but now I have no problems and it is fast like before. I just don't trust Google and the way they gather data. Other browsers do the same thing I know. JMODon

JohnD

I have used IE for a long time. I did have that compatibility problem for a short time but now I have no problems and it is fast like before. I just don't trust Google and the way they gather data. Other browsers do the same thing I know. JMODon

Despite having all of the internet security that one could have, IE is still the main target of hackers, spammers and viruses!

Three times I've had to pay hundreds of dollars to get my computers 'fixed' when using Internet Exploder . . .

Since I switched to Google Chrome . . . I no longer have any of those issues.