PA RV and Camping - Sept 12-16, 2007 - Hershey, PA

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
We will be camping at Hershey Conewago, several miles up the road for the show, would love to come meet you guys around the campfire. We can actually bring our chairs...will there be room???;)

jrlebaron

We just passed by the Giant Center parking lot in Hershey. It looks almost full. There's still a week before opening. Should be a good show.
Jim

Tom of Ypsi

Are there any other campgrounds around besides Highmeadow and Conewago? Highmeadow has dry camping only and Conewago did not return my call.

dieselengineer

Charter Member
The roads have been busy around the sweet town of Hershey. Lots of 5th wheels on the road and they are all getting setup in the GC grounds. Looks like it will be a great show!

All are welcome to come over to site 79B on Friday night. The camp fire will be roaring and I will have extra chairs for the out of townees without rigs.

See you all after the show.

dieselengineer

Charter Member
HTML:
I agree that 

HERSHEY CONEWAGO CAMPGROUND
1590 Hershey Rd. (Rt. 743), Elizabethtown, PA 17022
717-367-1179

Is a nice CG,  Highmeadow is the nearest and has a free shuttle service to the show.

Here are additional CG,  in the area

EAGLES PEAK FAMILY CAMPING RESORT
397 Eagles Peak Rd, Robesonia, PA 19551
610-589-4800ELIZABETHTOWN / HERSHEY KOA
1980 Turnpike Rd, Elizabethtown, PA 17022
717-367-7718, 800-578-7842HARRISBURG EAST CAMPGROUND & STORAGE
1134 Highspire Road, Harrisburg, PA 17111
717-939-4331HARRISBURG SOUTH CAMPGROUND
125 Walmar Manor
Dillsburg, PA 17019JONESTOWN KOA
145 Old Rt 22, Jonestown, PA 17038
717-865-2526, 800-562-1501LICKDALE CAMPGROUND
RR #1 Box 1282, Jonestown, PA 17038
717-865-6411MOUNTAIN CREEK CAMPGROUND, INC.
349 Pine Grove Road, Gardners, PA 17324
717-486-7681PINCH POND FAMILY CAMPGROUND & RV PARK
3075 Pinch Rd, Manheim, PA 17545
717-665-7640, 800-659-7640

BluegrassMan

Keystone RV center....

Keystone RV center is no longer a Heartland dealer. They were asking WAY too much for their trailers, couldn't sell them, poor sales staff too.

I was told by Heartland, "we are through with Keystone, just as they feel they are through with US".

They are sort of jerking me around as I speak on a warranty problem. Heartland says fix it, Keystone is dragging their feet.:mad: I WILL get this fixed !!!!!

Tom of Ypsi

We will be staying at Western Village, Carlisle, Pa about 45 minute drive to Hershey from Wed 9/12 to the following Wed. This is the closest we could get to Hershey at such short notice. We will probably go to the show on Friday and hope to see some of you at the show.

Jim, do you know where and when you will be at the show?

Hey Jim,

It was nice to meet you on Sat. Talking about the bighorns was a great time for me. We don't have a camper yet but someday we plan to have one. I'm pretty well convinced we'll be getting the bighorn 3055. Thanks again for your time.

Jeff

BluegrassMan

Hi All:
Speaking of RV shows, Was Jim B at Hershey this weekend ? I was there Thursday all day till 3pm. I talked to the owner of Reichard's RV and a Heartland Rep, They didn't know if he was coming on Thurs. I was about the 5th person asking about Jim. Heartland set in a Landmark Augusta in the display. WOW what a price!!! $*****, that's getting down in Bighorn territory. It's a shame I'm not in the market for one.

Last edited by a moderator:

BluegrassMan

I may have inavertedly posted in the wrong thread. I was asking if anyone saw Jim B this weekend. Check out the 2007 RV thread, if you care to.

I just stumbled across this thread. Hubby & I attended the Hershey show...it was our 1st. We spent 10 hrs looking at RVs...FELL IN LOVE with the craftsmanship & feel of the BigHorn 3055RL! We're limited to length, so I'm in search of a Sundance.

We began our RV search last month & are doing lots of research. Haven't found a brand yet that matches Heartland's quality.

The NJ show in Edison this weekend was a huge disappointment...not many 5th wheels. We did see a Heartland travel trailer. I was so excited to see the brand!! Don't remember which model it was.

Thanks for having such an awesome forum. I learn alot from you all.

Emeup

Hello everyone we are not Heartland owners as of yet but through our research my DH and I have narrowed down our choices to a Heartland North Trails to start, but in the future would love to upgrade TV so we could pull a 5'er fulltime. I stumbled on the PA RV show by accident, we were going to go to the NYS Fair Show, but decided to do the Hershey one instead, hope to see alot to narrow it down more.
We are just sold our 1979 Apache Class C we had due to price of fuel. We have owned a truck camper, a 16ft scottie and of course TENTS! LOL! We are wanting to travel with ease now. Look for to show. We are out for any suggestions. We unfortunately will be staying a the Country Hearth Inns (motel), wish it was in a rv at a campground! Please give us your knowledge of rv's it would be greatly appreciated.

Tom of Ypsi

Emeup,

Good luck on your search for that perfect rv. If not wanting to stay in a motel you might want to check out rv parks for rental units. We stayed at Western Village RV Park www.westernvillagervpark.com in Carlisle, Pa, about 45 minutes to Hershey. Nice quiet campground, friendly people and lots to see close by. Of course we were in our own house but at least you will have that camping atmosphere around you.

Emeup

Thanks

We are traveling with our 2 DD's, who may opt to stay at motel while we hunt rv's, but next year when we attend we hope to have one or will rent one, w/o them LOL!
We will be rving with or without them! :D

I am excited to go and see a heartland!:D

B

bwwalczak

North Trails at Hershey

North Trail will have several products including the 31QBS on display at the Hershey (PRVCA) show. North Trail will be displaying:

31QBS - 5,290lbs Accuslide travel trailer with 4 bunks
21FBS - #1 selling couples coach, 4,300lbs
22FDS - 4,500lbs bunk model
30RLSS - Awesome King Slide couples coach with enclosed bath
32QBSS - New King double slide with 2 air bed sofas and double doors
29RE - Double slide light 5th weighing in at 6,700lbs!!!

This is going to be an awesome show!

If I can help you find a dealer or a great deal on a new North Trail, please let me know.

Bryan Walczak
Regional Sales Manager
North Trail Towables
bryanw@heartlandrvs.com

Emeup

We head out tommorrow Morning at 5am for the big RV show in Hershey, packing truck tonight and dropping dog off to daughters. We got all the maps with what we want to see and our first stop at the show is Heartland to see the 31QBS & 32QBSS, these are are choices that we have narrowed down too.
We plan to spend at least 2 days at show to see what is offered and campgrounds, merchandise, but we think this will help us make our final desion on which model.
See u there!!