Painting, Upholstery, Tile Backsplash

justafordguy

We just finished a mini remodel on our new Pioneer. We painted the walls, re-upholstered the cushions, and installed a tile backsplash. It really lightened up the rooms and gives more of a cabin feel. What do you guys think?

2013-06-29 14.36.50.jpg2013-06-29 18.11.33.jpg2013-06-29 18.10.46.jpg2013-06-29 14.35.34.jpg2013-06-29 14.35.21.jpg

RuralPastor

Nice work, justafordguy! It no longer looks like the waiting room of a funeral home (like mine)! Someone sure did some nice work on the cushions, valances, and decorating. I hope Mrs. ruralpastor doesn't see this, or I'll be having me another job.

justafordguy

I hope Mrs. ruralpastor doesn't see this, or I'll be having me another job.

Sorry Pal, I didn't think about that. I hope I don't cause any extra work for you other guys.

This is the first sewing job I've ever done so I think it turned out OK.:)

justafordguy

Did you add the receptacles above the kitchen sink? Mine didn't come with any, so I added one.

It came with these but I wish they were on the wall. Some of our stuff has short cords and won't reach so I have to use a short extention cord. Luckily my coffee pot cord is long enough and that's the one that really matters to most.:D

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Awesome job! It does look less like an RV, more like a cabin or beach condo or some fun "retreat".

Love it! JimB, you ought to share this with the Design team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

justafordguy

Thanks everyone. We are really happy with the way it turned out. My wife picked out all the colors and materials, she is great at interior design. She comes up with the ideas and I do all the work.;)

Kbvols

Looks awesome! Now you have me wanting to head to Florida...sit on the beach and relax.

recumbent615

Founding MA Chapter Leader-retired
I love the way it makes the Dark floor and cabinets POP! with this color scheme the dark wood really works ...

justafordguy

No we did not remove the vinyl covering first. We used a special primer made by Glidden called Gripper. It's made to prime hard to stick to surfaces and worked great.

Grampafish

Washington Chapter Leaders-Retired
Beautiful!!! Really love the fabric used on the valances!!! Great colors! Thanks for posting the pics. Why oh why do all these RV mfgrs think that everyone wants brown/black and all these dark interiors?!

I too just finished re-doing the valances and window treatments in our BH bedroom...now want to tackle the rest. Also want to do the tile backsplash in the bathroom. (The paper "tile" border in there looks cheap!)

Thanks for the encouragement (my husband, however, will be rolling his eyes at me!) :(

Doris (aka Grammafish)