Parking Lot Scams

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
That worries me, we have the RV LOCK on our rig which works the same way.

FYI - The other day our RV LOCK woud tone indicating it was locked. Come to find out it was not locking just beeping. And then I changed the batteries and it started working. Then quit unlocking eventhough it would give the tone indicating it was unlocked. After changing the batteries again and working it back and forth several times it started working right. I now pull on the handle to reaffirm the door is locked after the lock tone. Moral - just because you get the tone does not mean it is locked or unlocked. try the handle to be sure.

danemayer

FYI - Moral - just because you get the tone does not mean it is locked or unlocked. try the handle to be sure.

It's also pretty easy to press the wrong button. Yes, the tone is different, but if you're not paying attention, you might not notice that you unlocked an already unlocked door.

Pull the handle to be sure.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
It's also pretty easy to press the wrong button. Yes, the tone is different, but if you're not paying attention, you might not notice that you unlocked an already unlocked door.

Pull the handle to be sure.

Mine only sounds when locking, not unlocking, when I double click the remote. Same with the wife's vehicle.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Was pressing the correct button on the RV LOCK when I discovered the malfunction. It is working fine now after I took it apart and cleaned it.