Patio Kit for 3800 standard

RevK1799

Hi! My family and I have our eye on a beautiful 3800 non HD edition at a dealer about 6hrs away from us, and have found a great tow vehicle in the area as well, my question is this: Is it possible to have a patio kit installed by the dealer, or is that strictly a factory installed option?
The unit we are looking at does not have it installed.
Thanks so much!

Looking forward to being a Heartland owner soon!

RevK:cool:

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
I dont know of any reason that your dealer cant order one from HL and install it. Heck maybe you could install it yourself. BTW, if you a HL Club member....you will 10% off the price.

ILH

My understanding is that the patio option for the Cyclone and Road Warriors require factory items - such as reinforced doorway to handle the chains. This may have changed - but I would suggest speaking directly with a rep from Heartland.

RevK1799

Thanks Bob & Patty! I hope that is true, I will either wait a bit to hear from more on here, or call and speak to a rep. Its sounds as though they are pretty helpful from what I've read on here. Also, can I become a HL club member before I become an actual owner?? (Or even when we sign the papers?)

TXTiger

I have the patio option on my 2012 Cyclone 4014 that was installed by the factory. I have been told that the ramp is reinforced also. I would check with customer service and ask if you can have your dealer add the patio option with a standard ramp??? Regarding joining the forum before purchase. I joined 3 month prior to my purchased and learned a lot, what to look for in a rig and what to ask the dealer. It made my purchase much more easy.

RevK1799

Thanks TwoToes! We are looking at another 3800 HD with the patio and 3 season door, and that one is 10hrs away in Ohio, but am thinking it may be worth the drive, especially since they are also a truck dealer. Have to ask, how do you make out towing the 4014 with the SRW? Is it stock??
Thanks,
RevK

Bksvo

RevK.

I tow my 3800 with a 2008 F-350 Crew Cab Short Bed SRW. I have not had any problems and am not in any hurry to get anything else. I have towed stock, and it was fine, but I added a Spartan tuner and removed the DPF since. I like that combination a lot more. I will be adding airbags to level it out a little and add a little more cushion to the ride. It does rest on the helper springs currently.

I also have a Husky 26k slider hitch. I was worried about the short bed, but if I was to do it again, I would save the $200 on the slider. I haven't used it once.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Thanks Bob & Patty! I hope that is true, I will either wait a bit to hear from more on here, or call and speak to a rep. Its sounds as though they are pretty helpful from what I've read on here. Also, can I become a HL club member before I become an actual owner?? (Or even when we sign the papers?)

You can join the HOC (not to be confused with the Forum) as soon as you get a VIN number. Your dealer should be able to get it for you not long after the unit is ordered (if you do that), or as soon as you sign the papers for an in-stock unit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rusty_7

I have the patio option on my 2012 Cyclone 4014 that was installed by the factory. I have been told that the ramp is reinforced also. I would check with customer service and ask if you can have your dealer add the patio option with a standard ramp??? Regarding joining the forum before purchase. I joined 3 month prior to my purchased and learned a lot, what to look for in a rig and what to ask the dealer. It made my purchase much more easy.

Two toes, how does that F350 SRW tow that 4100, any issues?