Personal Protection ammo

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
I would really be careful about what you put on this posting as they can be subpoenaed to court if you ever get into a bad situation. Remember it could be used against you.

leftyf

SSG Stumpy-VA Terrorist
I would really be careful about what you put on this posting as they can be subpoenaed to court if you ever get into a bad situation. Remember it could be used against you.

Only if you have something to hide.

The question was in regards to being put in a self defense situation.

I spent last weekend talking to a kid that had just got back from Afghanistan. The boy could talk the talk...and I know he walked the walk. I was one of the few here that he could relate to..said I reminded him of his platoon sergeant.

Last edited:

Jimmy

Only if you have something to hide.

The question was in regards to being put in a self defense situation.

I spent last weekend talking to a kid that had just got back from Afghanistan. The boy could talk the talk...and I know he walked the walk. I was one of the few here that he could relate to..said I reminded him of his platoon sergeant.
Lefty, thanks for the clarification... Name is not "Bubba"

Last edited:

rumaco

US Army Retired (CW4)
I was a UH-1C gunship pilot in Vietnam for two tours. My first was with the 282nd Assault Helicopter Company in DaNang and I flew UH-1Cs for the "Alleycats". My second was for the 48th Assault Helicopter Company flying also a UH-1C gunship for the "Jokers." I am ashamed to admit my bodycount was near 400 (have no idea why they kept this type of record) and still to this day think about it. I was lucky in the fact that I never had to look in the eye of the enemy, I just caught them running in mass and that is how I delivered my bullets. I am a believer in the .45 because I have seen what it can do but am the first to admit my concealed carry is a Sig Sauer P238 caliber .380 loaded with Hornady critical defense rounds.

leftyf

SSG Stumpy-VA Terrorist
I was a UH-1C gunship pilot in Vietnam for two tours. My first was with the 282nd Assault Helicopter Company in DaNang and I flew UH-1Cs for the "Alleycats". My second was for the 48th Assault Helicopter Company flying also a UH-1C gunship for the "Jokers." I am ashamed to admit my bodycount was near 400 (have no idea why they kept this type of record) and still to this day think about it. I was lucky in the fact that I never had to look in the eye of the enemy, I just caught them running in mass and that is how I delivered my bullets. I am a believer in the .45 because I have seen what it can do but am the first to admit my concealed carry is a Sig Sauer P238 caliber .380 loaded with Hornady critical defense rounds.

I carried a WWI/WWII "trench gun" and to this day prefer it unless it's a close, personal encounter...then it's back to my old 1911A1 .45ACP. Gives me something heavy to throw at them when I use up all 7 rounds and don't hit sh**!

I was in-country from late 1968 until early 1972 in old APO SF 96318. Knew a couple of Merrill's Marauders and one Darby's Ranger....and a whole bunch of Col Hal Moore's crew. The Marauder was the one who turned me onto the shotgun..The Ranger taught me how to feel invulnerable and act stupid. He preferred the 45ACP and a custom made knife...I still got mine. Last I heard of him was that he was at the CCC Camp in Kontum..for his 8th tour...streaking naked through the jungle.

Made me feel like a cub scout.