Pig Tail

jhardin

Does anyone know the wiring diagram in the junction box for the connection of pig tale. I removed cover and a couple of wires have come loose. This will be on a bighorn.
Thanks in advance.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Re: Pig Tale

Out of all of the rigs I've installed my box and and cord set up on they have all been different.
If you need any help let me know.
115d3d5f684d2a7b066ece7ce8ac2c0e.jpg
6c9a68d05a8fe405d618a9d673428a1e.jpg

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Not to confuse anyone but my boxes and cords are wired different from John's picture. Of course the plug function is the same but the color codes are different.

3184ec66275432eb1f08350932711598.jpg

Then I swapped the RED to be 12v power and the BLUE to be brakes like the RV wires.

869ed9be73cc9d7b1aa8637daf334cc8.jpg

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Here is a photo of mine after I got it all put back together:

ProwlerPigtailJuctBox-P1000746.jpg

I had ripped mine right out while backing it in to our side yard (pigtail got caught on the receiver hitch of the truck). :eek:

Here are more shots:

ProwlerPigtailDamage-P1000734.jpg ProwlerPigtail-P1000462.jpg

ProwlerPigtailDamage-P1000736.jpg ProwlerPigtailDamage-P1000739.jpg

ProwlerPigtailJuctBox-P1000744.jpg ProwlerPigtailJuctBox-P1000743.jpg

dlw930

what is the benefit of having this box?

Jerrod installed a Version 7.0 on my Landmark Monday afternoon. The OEM junction box was inside the pinbox where it was difficult to access for inspection and repair. When removing the old box, Jerrod discovered the pigtail connector at the box had worked loose and the emergency brake wire was nearly worn in two. With the Version 7.0 clear box mounted on the back of the pinbox, it is very accessible and the connections are all visible. In addition, Version 7.0 has the safety feature of operating the trailer's emergency flashers and running lights from the coach's battery in the event the tow vehicle has to be unhooked from the trailer. Thanks Jerrod!

Hope that helps.

David

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JohnD

Jerrod installed a Version 7.0 on my Landmark Monday afternoon.

With the Version 7.0 clear box mounted on the back of the pinbox, it is very accessible and the connections are all visible.

In addition, Version 7.0 has the safety feature of operating the trailer's emergency flashers and running lights from the coach's battery in the event the tow vehicle has to be unhooked from the trailer.

That sounds like a pretty cool deal.

rhodies1

Jerrod installed a Version 7.0 on my Landmark Monday afternoon. The OEM junction box was inside the pinbox where it was difficult to access for inspection and repair. When removing the old box, Jerrod discovered the pigtail connector at the box had worked loose and the emergency brake wire was nearly worn in two. With the Version 7.0 clear box mounted on the back of the pinbox, it is very accessible and the connections are all visible. In addition, Version 7.0 has the safety feature of operating the trailer's emergency flashers and running lights from the coach's battery in the event the tow vehicle has to be unhooked from the trailer. Thanks Jerrod!

Hope that helps.

David

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looking to upgrade my cord,where are you buying these pig tail upgrades.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Part # for the box is
15-961 I finally found them on Amazon
e156157f36396ca868a65abd0b41db85.jpg

The cord is a 12foot cord from etrailer.com
I have not seen the etrailer cords yet to see if they are as good as the truck cords I've been using.
They will be here Monday when we get back home.

38f7b8d07a5ce66cd515996a3fca313f.jpg

The plug holder is a mag flashlight holder

be4311b415bd3556efa68931495d9854.jpg

The rest of the parts for my 7.0 version
ab7f3ad0f1f457515804fd5e54252d31.jpg

JohnD

I had been thinking about the potential for being in a similar situation and found this as a possible solution.

That is one of the coolest camper items I've seen in a long time!

I'm going to add that to my letter to Santa . . . :)