pillow top mattress

skh

I just got home from Elkhart at 1:00 AM and left my Grand Canyon there I'd gone to pick up. The build sheet specified a queen and it had the King in it. I personally feel the bedroom is much better suited to a queen and then it is easy to switch out to a true upgrade mattress. It's not like I got in it and then felt it was too tight with the King, it was on the build sheet so I decided to stick to it even though it really complicates things for me now to go back 650 mi. after it again!

RollingHome

FYI, we have a California King at home and it is a morfadite... what a pain trying to change and retrofit, even buying sheets etc. Stick with the standard king and you'll be happy. Mac, totally inpressive what you did, you must post more of your ideas as this will help many others. You have knowledge and talents that others could benefit from. Thanks for sharing. ta

skh

Well, got the Grand Canyon home cut down to the queen, a tremendous difference in the space to get around it to the W/D and to use the drawers even though the standard King is not quite a King.. We did wind up with a $20. Elkhart mattress co. mattress but I am switching it out with a memory foam "pacdown" mattress I've got anyway. If you are looking for a good deal mattress to upgrade to check out bedinabox.com. I know it sounds hokey but we have a tempurpedic also, and have had Select Comforts too. We really like the pacdown, but now that they make the bamboo I would try that one as the pacdown cover does shed down but that may stop eventually too.

Birchwood

We have a 2009 Pinehurst with a king pillow top matress but the quality is very low.The pillow top has bunched up in numerous and can't wait to
discard it.Will be replacing it with a residential queen but still retaining the king base for storage reasons.We are not huge people so the extra
few inches in the bedroom may be of more benefit.NEVER SEEN A MATRESS WEAR OUT IN A YEAR???Very disappointed with Heartlands
choice of matresses in one of their top RVs !
Don'y feel bad you never got the pillow top matress.

TXBobcat

Fulltime
We changed out our King Bed also. I have no problem about doing that. Different people have a large variant of what they require to get a good nights sleep.

I have a sciatic nerve problem, and my chiropractor suggested that we get a Natural Rubber mattress. This removes all of the chemicals that are involved in making todays rubber and to stay away from the inter-spring type mattress. We had one custom made that was 71" x 80" x 8". This gave us a thick mattress and narrow enough to give us room to make the bed without being such a tight struggle. It was expensive but we do not have a sleeping problem. When either of us have to get up in the night or in the morning we do not feel the movement.

That's what we did.
BC

Birchwood

Was it much of a job to cut the bed box down for the queen?I want to reduce the width 4 inches from 64 to 60 inches.