PIN BOX COVER Remove?

chip33

I hope this is the right place for this question. I have a 2014 Big Horn Model 3370 RK. It has a pin box cover and I would like to remove it for clearance reasons . My question is is that removable? I think it's there only to make things look pretty but it has become a big pain. Anyone with suggestions or that has already d0one this?? Thanks for listening to this strange question.:confused::confused::confused:

Last edited by a moderator:

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
It’s just screwed on and some caulking. Should come off easily.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
It’s more esthetic than functional. Some aftermarket pin boxes can’t use them. I replaced my OEM pin box with a 5th Airborne and was able to modify the cover to fit back on. Can’t say it reduces clearance much, though.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

farside291

I reinstalled ours back on the MoreRyde pin box and it rubbed the rails on the bed. I took a pair of garden shears and trimmed a little at a time until it no longer had clearance issues. I think it makes the trailer more aerodynamic :)

porthole

Retired
I hope this is the right place for this question. I have a 2014 Big Horn Model 3370 RK. It has a pin box cover and I would like to remove it for clearance reasons . My question is is that removable? I think it's there only to make things look pretty but it has become a big pain. Anyone with suggestions or that has already d0one this?? Thanks for listening to this strange question.:confused::confused::confused:

When that pin box cover is installed at the factory they leave off the trim that goes around the pin box frame.

So, remove the cover (couple of screws) and order the two piece trim to make everything look nice.