Pinched gas line on fridge

Hello everyone,

We are newbies who purchased a 2015 Bighorn 3010RE and just took her out for her maiden run this weekend. We had plugged in the trailer the night before we left so the fridge would be cold when we put things in it before leaving. We switched the fridge to LP before pulling in the slides to make sure it would work, and everything worked wonderfully. We then pulled in the slides and within seconds, the fridge started beeping like crazy. We read through the manual and couldn't get anything to work, so we put the slides out again and plugged in the trailer so the food would be okay and we could try to figure out the problem. My husband tinkered with everything, and we tried the fridge on LP again. Worked wonderfully until we pulled in the slide. My husband looked and saw that the LP line was practically folded in half so no gas could get through. We went ahead and took our trip as we were only going a couple hours down the road and would be hooked up the whole time.

We are not sure what our next step should be. Is there an easy fix? Any suggestions on what we should do next? I have pictures of the problem if I need to post them.

Thank you for any and all help.

Kristin

Mrsfish

There have been a few fixes. We turned the bracket that held the bent line 180 degrees and remounted. Others will chime in with their fixes.

wdk450

Kristen:
Part of your purchase price was a Warranty. Call Heartland service and get an authorization to get this fixed. Gas line work is a little touchy, anyways. You do not have to go to your selling dealer for service, you can go to anyone you want to, just get Heartland Service's prior authorization. Heartland service will NOT pay for the travel charge from a mobile RV repair company, so you might have to absorb that.

Roller4tan

I noticed my gas line almost pinched because of the direction of the bracket. I pushed on it to invert it to a more direct position for the gas line. So far so good.

jnbhobe

I have moved a couple of gas lines at rallys, It's not a bad job use soap to check your connections.

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
If your gas line has been kinked severely or pinched, I would consider just replacing it when you reroute it.

Although propane lines are fairly low pressure, a weak spot could develop at the kink and cause problems later.

I replaced my original line after having a kink. A new hose is fairly inexpensive and will provide worry free service. Trace

stevenssr

I've got the BC 3070 RE which is very similar to your floor plan. I noticed my gas line was (bent) pinched and had it replaced and rerouted under warranty. Works much better now. I was worried that a single location in the line moving back and forth (with each slide transition) would eventually cause a crack. I recommend getting it rerouted and replaced.

wdk450

I didn't have the pinched line issue so much as having had read posts on this forum about tire blowouts sending tire shrapnel into the adjacent rubber gas line, puncturing the line and causing a propane bottle fed fire. I got some 1-1/2 inch ID thick wall plastic hose with woven plastic material in the wall. I ran my flexing gas line inside this hose to the outside wall of the slide. This thicker, stiff, hose keeps the inner gas line hose from crimping when the slide is in, also.

This checking that the refrig works on gas with the slides in is an item that ought to be added to PDI checkout lists.