pjones1969 Cyclone 3800

pjones1969

When we were at the service center there, we were told it was installed like this so one would not forget to close it and then break it off when closing the slide.

Plenty of room in the 3800
790b17e308985f21222ab4dc3cc51fdb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

alwaysbusy

Maybe the floor didn't change to make model specific? Just a guess. Our slide would surely take it off, not enough room like yours.

pjones1969

8-26-17

Raised head of mattress in bedroom 2" (2x4 width across with 1/2" OSB 16" wide), makes a difference.
2184c9dcada3bc5b4aa04802878216df.jpg

Mattress hung over bed support board about 4", in order to gain access to the under bed storage we would have to reach way back to grab the wood and lift, so I bent a piece of SS tubing and installed a grab bar we could get to easily
2fa4f3482970370e251acdf9ebe8b9b8.jpg

Added a few hooks for keys
f5a5e8c350e58bd6c546a9ff06791dc6.jpg

Had this shelf laying around, it was on top of an older projection tv to hold a DVD player. I mounted it in my front basement storage for the satellite receiver for the outside tv and organized all of the wiring. Since I installed the roof mount satellite I don't have to hook up anything for the tvs when we arrive, everything is wired and ready to go.
d8d6f9df49fcff8548bd5a616c65bb5a.jpg

Installed Valterra gate valve on main connection.
34ff3ccc110f66858eee492c14a7e7cd.jpg

I also organized the wiring in the cabinet under the main tv

Last edited:

pjones1969

8-27-17

Built shelves in bedroom closet (removed clothes hanger rod from this section)
f3f3b7c6679ae09e1d0e69dd1fa68781.jpg

Built shelves in the kitchen dead space under pantry
06ada980e6beecef6c2dc481cc23a068.jpg

Last edited:

pjones1969

9-16-17

Tabletop legs loose under bed were binding against the bed frame when putting it out and buckling the luan sides so I screwed 2 straps to the the hydraulic ram frame to secure the 7 tabletop legs for storage and re-stapled the luan sides

Built shelves on both sides of the hydraulic ram framework under the bed, attached it to the bed frame so it moves in/out with it. One side has fans and electric heaters and the other side has all of the central vac components, these were also falling over / into the path and getting smashed between the bed frame and the hydraulic frame

Will post pics later

pjones1969

10-8-17

Filled my freshwater tank when I left the N. TX Rally the weekend before, went and set up at the local elementary school parking lot and cleaned all of the bugs that get stuck to the underside of the awnings from a tip I got at the rally, mix up a soapy solution and apply with a scrub brush pole, roll up and let them marinate for 15-20 minutes, roll out and rinse off, it worked pretty good.

Strung out the water hoses and cleaned the roof, got the milky run off all down the sides of the rig, after finishing the roof I put some Dicor on two little spots then came down to clean the sides, it was way too hot and was drying as fast as I could clean it off with the Aero Cosmetics Wash Wax All, so I started doing much smaller areas, wasn’t getting anywhere with the heat so I did the best I could and need to wait for better conditions and clean the entire rig.

pjones1969

12-27-17

Replaced gas caps on both auxiliary fuel tanks with locking gas caps. Napa Balkamp 703-1591

4348196179119a6e77148f323b019fe6.jpg

7-14-17
Installed new Furrion camera, I "broke" the last one

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?sh...owners.org/showpost.php?p=554169&share_type=t

7-15-17
Drilled hole in countertop under tv for power and satellite cables
07312e8aa7aaebcfc180fed21893155e.jpg

Added jack chain support to reversed door under tv
47892acb8bc18806fc85e994831e078a.jpg

Changed generator oil and filter, 21.8 hours
Added a little personal touch
bc8c3753ec00bc0a7773311c3a16df14.jpg

What did you use to cut though the countertop I need to do the same thing.

Thank you

jimtoo

I think it is recommended that you run the hole saw in reverse for a couple of rounds to cut the surface slightly , then forward to drill the hole. This is to prevent the counter top from chipping when first starting the hole.

Jim M

212Pilot

7-22-17

Pantry started separating from the right side board it is attached to, installed course drywall screws through shelve bottoms inside

Added (6) 1-1/2" tie down rings to garage side wall to secure tabletop, camp tables, camp chairs and ladder while traveling

I was concerned about the hanging pantry as well so I keep a 2" thick piece of sturdy foam that I slide under the pantry on top of the counter, when I bring the kitchen slide in. It provides support to and vibration dampening to the pantry. So far it seems to be working.

pjones1969

I was concerned about the hanging pantry as well so I keep a 2" thick piece of sturdy foam that I slide under the pantry on top of the counter, when I bring the kitchen slide in. It provides support to and vibration dampening to the pantry. So far it seems to be working.

We were using pot holders and kitchen towels in the gap between the countertop and pantry bottom edge, I believe those actually contributed to the problem, not allowing the pantry to “float” while running down the road.

Flooringit

7-16-17
7 pole junction box with 12' coiled cord, D cell maglite clip, CapSaver and coiled breakaway lanyard

7a899cb6e493c555046314f47766c86d.jpg
This is a nice setup I’d like to know more. I have it figured out now. I will be copying it. Still trying to figure out how the coiled feather is attached on the other end of the eye bolt

pjones1969

This is a nice setup I’d like to know more. I have it figured out now. I will be copying it. Still trying to figure out how the coiled feather is attached on the other end of the eye bolt

Are you referring to the brake breakaway coil? If so, I attach it to this eye bolt I put in the truck bed

9f037b263d2d8e46c52cd90555055ae2.jpg

pjones1969

I’m behind on updating the mods I’ve done, in no particular order:

Reversed dovetail tool box lid in garage
Added jack chain to dovetail tool box lid
Installed Valterra Gate Valve on rear sewer connection, highly recommend these!
Added 2 more hooks for keys
Took a weekend and went through everything in the RV and got rid of a lot of “stuff” we never used and organized what we kept. Made another family’s day at the campground with an outdoor rug and 2 quilt donations
Removed factory supplied rug from garage, it was too long, too wide and not easy to manipulate to get to storage in floor, replaced with a 5x7 Better Homes and Gardens Geo Wave in brown, got a matching runner for the living area and a matching rug for the kitchen and a runner in the same pattern but in gray for master bedroom
Took the patio stairs home since we have only been able to use them twice and tired of tripping over them while they are in the garage floor
Moved towel ring in front bath to side of cabinet by shower and put a towel hook in its place
Had a 2” foam on mattress, replaced that with a mattress pad and got new sheets
Matching outdoor rug, 8x16 - Marks Ming in black/silver swirl
Replaced the “Heartland Family” pictures in the photo frame above the main door with the Jones Family (only took a year, lol)

pjones1969

Measured and loaded the FLHX and figured out where to install the B&W Biker Bar Strapless motorcycle chock in the garage.

Used 5/8” BedBolts on topside with 5/8” x 2” bolts, flat washer and a lock washer, 1/4” steel plate with flat washer, lock washer and nut underneath. The location turned out to be perfect from any obstructions.

The BedBolts have a large head on them so I had to enlarge the hole in the Biker Bar and make a shim for the top so the bolts would make contact, they are also hollow through the middle so I taped up the underside and shot some silicone caulk in from the top to seal them off.

https://m.northerntool.com/products/shop~tools~product_200658591_200658591?adv=false

So a year and 3 months later I finally get around to this so we can take the Harley if we want to.....

pjones1969

Cut, stained and mounted 1” x 3” poplar flat treads to the 7/8” round dowels on the loft ladder.

Last edited:

pjones1969

8-11-18

Started fabricating an underbody storage rack and bin for all sewer related items, right now we keep them in a bin in the front storage and want to get them out of there.

Our rear leveling jacks are offset so I could not use the dual crossbody Lippert storage bin system (#236558), I contacted several distributors with no luck and Lippert direct about purchasing a single sided unit (#194103), they are very proud of these! $$$$

So, I set off to design my own

I'm using this bin:
Bayhead Storage Container with Lid KW-4L - 57 x18 x 7-3/4 Gray

I've cut the lid 22"back and installed hinges, attached the lid to the bin using all SS hardware.

Fabricated and primer / painted the framework (its laying upside down in the photo below), installed a spring pin to keep it closed.

The bin frame will mount across the TH frame between the fuel tanks and the ODS rear leveling jack

more pics to follow after installation

Attachments

• Frame.jpg
    Frame.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 83