Planning Electrical Mods

BigGuy82

I bought mine with 2 x 12v and haven't had any issues, although I've never been off the grid for more than a night. However, the reason I'm responding is to suggest that if you go 2x12v, you should look at the Optima AGM Blue Top (Blue Top is their deep cycle). No liquid to spill, fast recharge, longer life, fewer mounting issues BUT expensive. Have had exceptional experiences with them in marine usage.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

StrongJava

Re: Planning Electrical Mods--Mounting Inverter

In hindsight, I should have put a sheet of plywood over the entire area of the OSB that I was using for mounting components. Tomorrow I'll go in search of special #8 x 3/4" screws to try and get the fasteners to hold. Sigh.... OSB stinks.

I'm close to starting the actual install, and am trying to finish the drawings for where to mount components.

The inverter manual provides a warning about mounting on flammable material. What is the material on the wall in the front compartment and should I consider it flammable for this application? Would it be better if I got a piece of plywood for mounting all the components onto? I don't mind, just don't want to add the weight if not necessary.

Thoughts?

Thanks.

Tim