Plumbing nightmare

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
Unfortunately or fortunately depending how you look at it, it only happened twice in 17K miles. What does that tell you. Sticky valve?

That could be, but I will say ours had to be leaking from day one, and we never saw any water until we'd owned, and fulltimed, in the unit for more than a year...bet we used that flush 20-25 times in that time period...have no idea where the water went...:confused:

Jarhead

USMC Phantom Phixer
Well, after a little more than two years with about 7000 miles on the unit, the kitchen sink (dual) dropped out of its mounting. Thank goodness the drain pipes were strong enough to hold the sink from completely falling as it was empty.
Here's what I found. The sink was held in place by silicon sealing compound. You know, they kind you get in a tube at the hardware store. No metal clamps, brackets or screws, nothing but the sealing compound holding the sink. Guess you could say that we got pretty good service out of the sealing compound (2 years) but that sink can hold a couple of gallons and that's pretty heavy. After cleaning up the mess, I made up a couple of wooden brackets using Gorilla glue and screwed them into the counter top from underneath and resealed the sink.
I also found that the staples holding the countertop to the counter side had let go. So that also was screwed into place.
Job done. Wife happy. Couple of shots of Glenmorange. All's well.

wingfoot

I put the PDI charge right up there with what car dealers try to charge..DOC FEE..I don't pay that either:mad:

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Well, after a little more than two years with about 7000 miles on the unit, the kitchen sink (dual) dropped out of its mounting. Thank goodness the drain pipes were strong enough to hold the sink from completely falling as it was empty.

I also found that the staples holding the countertop to the counter side had let go. So that also was screwed into place.
Job done. Wife happy. Couple of shots of Glenmorange. All's well.
Bob, sorry to hear about your sink. I've read a few other posts about this in the past. I've checked and our sink has metal clips around the perimeter helping out that silicone. Maybe the guy doing the clips had to make a potty run when your rig was coming sown the line. What's really good is most of us have the ability to take care of these issues. Bouncing down the Nation's roads really puts these trailers through the mill.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
I'd be curious to know if the holes for the screws that hold the clips are drilled out. The ones missing on mine had holes but no clips or screws to be found. Fortunately, I caught the seepage leak before it became a major problem and fixed it. For a double bowl sink, you need to have three clips positioned on the outer flanges along the three exposed sides, for a total of six clips on the sink.

traveler44

I noticed from your earlier posts in 07 that you had a 3370L. What model is your 09? We have a 09 3370 and have had some of the same problems. I added more sink clamps when we started getting water in the pots and pans below the sink and found the sink sagging. I have done the drain leaks and some water lines had to be tightened under the sinks but I haven't looked behind the UDC for leaks yet. Sounds like the smart thing to do though. One thing I have found about gorrila glue is that it only holds for about a year and then deteriorates. I have started using a locktite quick set lately. Hope it lasts longer than the gorilla glue did.

Last edited: