Votes: 46 13.5%

Votes: 89 26.2%
  • 5 - highest level

Votes: 121 35.6%

• Total voters

ihsolutions

Re: Great American RVs, Okeechobee, FL - 0

Great Lakes RV in Elkhart IN - 2

PDI was non-existent which I was OK with as I knew what to look for. I stayed overnight in their lot. Lots of issues, and they let me drive off the lot with NO BRAKES, they never checked the adjustment. Only one drum had any contact at full voltage. Tried to blame it on my brake controller, initially...

hart1369

Re: Great American RVs, Okeechobee, FL - 0

i see those clowns at greatlakes haven't changed i think they let go anybody who knew anything and kept kinfolk
Great Lakes RV in Elkhart IN - 2

PDI was non-existent which I was OK with as I knew what to look for. I stayed overnight in their lot. Lots of issues, and they let me drive off the lot with NO BRAKES, they never checked the adjustment. Only one drum had any contact at full voltage. Tried to blame it on my brake controller, initially...

hart1369

Re: RVS for Less - Knoxville, TN

i've had the pleasure of dealing with ron potts rv in johnstown ohio , they done some warrenty work for me on my unit from greatlakes i'm happy that greatlakes did not get another dime out of me or my unit. ron potts got a new customer

kypilot

Lakeshore RV

Well I have waited for a while before I posted because I wanted to give Lakeshore RV ample time to take care of some issues but it is time to post my experience. I spoke with a salesman from the dealership many times before I decided to purchase from the dealership and was assured many times that they were my best choice. I live about 6 hours away from the dealership so I didn't take purchasing from them lightly.

It was suggested that we come up and stay in the unit to make sure that any issues would be taken care of so that is what was planned. I wasn't sure if I would have the hitch installed in my truck in time to bring it home with me so I inquired about delivery. After talking with the salesman (and email) we made plans on when to come up as we were having a few options added to the unit. I was told to wait for 2 weeks so they would be sure to have them all installed. We did just that.

When I called the day before to just touch base with the salesman (I had spoke with him several times within the two week period) I informed him that I did in fact get the hitch installed and that I would would be bringing the unit home with me. I could tell by his voice that something was wrong. He then informed me that one of the options that I had ordered was not in yet but I could still come up and stay in the unit and they would deliver the unit to me and he worked with me on the delivery charge. I went over the list of things for me to bring with me for my stay in the unit (he had given me a list two weeks prior).

The salesman wanted me to call on my way so he would know when to expect us. When I called him to give him our ETA of 5 hours, I asked when they opened the next morning so we would be sure to be up and ready after staying in the unit. He said "your planning on staying in the unit?" I said, "yes just as we have talked about for the past two weeks and yesterday". He mentioned that it had not been brought in to be cleaned up yet so they would have to do that immediately. At this time I was really beginning to wonder about my decision.

When we arrived (Friday) they had just got the unit inside and started to clean on it. None of the other options that we had added had been installed and I was told that they wanted to do them all at one time. We did our walk around and the service representative wrote down everything we brought up and he pointed out many other things. He told us what he was going to take care of and added them to the list. He said to come get him in the morning if there was anything else to add. In the morning we got with him and went over just a couple small items and he added them to the list. I was told that the missing items would be there by Tuesday and the unit would be on its way by Wednesday. We finished the paperwork and went on our way.

I called on Tuesday and was told that the item was not in from Heartland yet. The item finally arrived one week later. I asked if all the other options had been added and if the problems that we had listed had been taken care of and I was told that they had been taken care of and all they were waiting on was installing the last option from Heartland.

The unit was delivered Wednesday night during a rainstorm so I had them park it and went over it as best as I could and told the driver that I would inspect it in the morning. After inspecting the unit 2 out of 8 concerns had been addressed and one of the options (toylok) that was in stock when we went up to the dealership had not been installed at all. I was given all kinds of excuses as to why the other issues were not addressed but none of them were acceptable. Their service rep is the one that told me what they were going to do and didn't do them. I was told that they would send me the toylock and I could easily install it myself. I also asked if they would send some touch up stain so I could do the touch ups that they promised they would take care of. I was told that they would send one with the toylock. Here it is 3 more weeks and no toylock or touch up stain. When we called today they said "we are shipping the toylok today". They said that they get their touch up stain from Lowe's and suggested that is where I could get some. I don't mind doing the touch up but the point is they had promised to take care of several concerns, several that the rep brought to our attention, and they didn't touch them. Lakeshore is way more concerned about getting the sale than taking care of the customer after the sale. I really thought I had done my research and picked a dealership that I could trust but boy was I wrong. If you buy from them don't finish the deal until ALL your concerns are completed.

Last edited:

kypilot

Re: Lakeshore RV

I have an update on my post. I received the toylok today finally but they did not include the mounting bracket for it to be mounted to the RV. I paid them for both the toylok and the installation and they pushed it back on me to install but didn't give me mounting bracket. I am sure I will now have to go through all kinds of grief with them to get the installation kit. I will post what I find out.

irogeo

My husband and I just got a quote from RVcapitalwholesalers on a 2011 Landmark Augusta. We could not believe the savings from any other dealer we have contacted. We are a little sceptical because of the lower price. You sound pleased with your deal. Did you have any problems? Did you pick up your North Country or have it delivered? Over all would you recommend RVCapital Wholesalers? Thx for any and all information. Irogeo

DWH

My wife and I bought a 2010 landmark Grand Canyon from RV Capitol Wholesalers in June of last year. We traded in a 2008 Bighorn 3370RL. They were the best deal but only about $1,500.00 better than Modern Trailer Sales of Anderson IN. We bought the BH from Modern and they far more satisfactory to do business with. I live in PA so I wasn't looking for either dealer to regularly service my unit so I went with the lower price. If I had it to do over I would go with Modern. We had our unit built with the options we wanted so we were comparing identical units.

The difficulties I had with RV Capitol are as follows:
1. They didn't tell me that the company that does walk through and service work on the units is not RV Capitol. It is another company that was said to be owned by the same person who owned RV Capitol. I don't really know how much of an issue is but I didn't like finding it out once we got there.
2. When we got to the place where we would do the walk through (which was on a day prearranged months earlier), they were not ready for us. We just stood around for about an hour and waited for someone to take care of us. No one seemed to care. We waited awhile in the front office area and awhile in the back service area. This was a large purchase for us and thus was very important to us. I expected it to be important to the people selling to us. It never did seem to be.
3. We purchased from them a Firestone airbag system which we paid for them to install. The system included an air compressor that they installed under the hood. We got it from them because they said they installed them all the time and my local garage did not. To make along story short when they were installing the mounting bracket for the compressor they drilled through an electrical harness on my 2008 Chevy Silverado. The result was that my truck immediately went into the limp home mode: no power to tow anything. It was the end of the day, no one knew what the problem was so we had to camp over night in their parking lot. They told me it was a truck issue and not theirs. They gave us a phone book and the name of a couple of Chevy dealers in the area. We were fortunate enough to find one who would look at our truck the next day. The Chevy dealer found the holes (more than one) in the wiring harness. They were right bellow the newly installed air compressor. They also gave me a copy of the diagnostic report on the problem. They fixed it and I went back to get my new 5th wheel and to get my money for the repair to the truck. They were willing to give me a check, but they had to mail it to me. Moreover, they weren't too apologetic either.
4. On the way home to PA the air bag didn't work. They had run the plastic line too close to an area of the motor that got hot and the line melted. They said if I would drive back (About 6 hrs) they would fix it. I asked if they would mail me some of the hose and I would have it fixed at home. They said they would. They never did. I called multiple times. I could never speak to the service manager. I was told he would call back. He didn't. After 4 weeks, I gave up and had t fixed.
5. We never tuned on the fan during the walk through. One paddle was missing a screw. I asked them to send me one. They did but they sent it in a regular business envelope not wrapped in tape or any thing. When the letter arrived there was a hole in it exactly as big as the screw and no screw. I couldn't get over the lack of common sense. I got my own screw for the fan.

I haven't called them since and I can't imagine I ever will.

Modern Trailer gave far far better service. I would buy from them if I had it to do over.

By the way we love our Landmark. I believe you will too.

rarnold

A 2 for RV of Sacramento / Manteca RV. My wife & I were 2 wks away from buying a BH Ti. Went to RV of Sacto to see a BH. James was very nice and showed us several models. I told him what we wanted w/options. He came back with an MSRP asking how much to take off to make a deal? I had previously talked to an RV Whsler in Ind and got a real good price. I asked RV of Sacto to knock off $25 or 30 K. James brought in Reggie (the closer) who wanted me to sign that day if he gives me a price. I told him 1-2 weeks for me to get things in place. He didn't like that. We had to leave but they were going to call me w/their lowest price. They didn't. 4 days later I called James back. He still didn't have a price but would talk to Reggie and call me. two weeks now and still no call. They told me that if I didn't buy from them, any service I came in for would go to the back of the longest line. This is frustrating because the only other BH dlr for svc is their parent or sister company, Manteca RV. A HL svc ctr here in Sacto will service me but again, only after their own customers are taken care of. This is SO contrary to Heartland's outstanding customer care. It seems to undermine everything HL is building. Can't these dealers be accountable for their lack of customer service or care.
Rod

Simi RV, Simi Valley, CA (5 out of 5)

Let me start by saying we are the proud owners of a new 2011 Roadwarrior 405RW. My family loves this fifth wheel toy hauler.

When we started to look for a new fifth wheel, we had an idea of what we were looking for. We currently own a 40’ gooseneck, living quarters, horse trailer, which basically consists of 20’ of horse stalls and 20’ of living space with a slide out. We now own two 40’ trailers.

We visited Simi RV, which is located in Simi Valley, CA. As we walked through a few models, we were soon greeted by Norm. Norm was great and he took a lot of time to demonstrate different models and features. As we were looking at all of the different models, he asked us if we wanted to take a look at the toy haulers. My first response was, “I already have a toy hauler, it’s called a horse trailer.” Then I saw the Roadwarrior 405RW.

Norm never pressured us into buying anything that day (or on any of our return trips to the dealership). He told us that the buying decision should take awhile and we should consider every option out there.

As part of my research, I joined the Heartland forum and searched the Internet. I was looking for any complaints about the Roadwarrior series and any negative comments about the dealership. I wanted to be sure that I would not regret the purchase.

During a 2-3 week period, I made several trips to the dealership with my wife and 2 kids (including my father who is a veteran when it comes to the RV world). Each time I was trying to be as critical as possible as I wanted to find a reason to not buy it. Each time Norm was very helpful and patient. He answered all of my questions, phone calls, and emails.

When we finally decided to buy, we sat down with Jeff. Most people dread this part as they have had some type of negative experience in the past. However, I felt prepared. Prior to this meeting, I had searched nearly all RV sites on the Internet so I could get an idea of what price I should pay. I wanted to be sure I did not overpay and I even considered buying out-of-state. Before I mentioned a price to Jeff, he said, “Let me see what kind of deal I can offer you.” After crunching numbers on his side of the table, he finally mentioned a price. It was exactly what I wanted to pay and the deal was done.

I then began to tack on additional features that I wanted. I added a 2000-watt inverter, solar panel, slide-out toppers, second air conditioner, second television mounted in the garage, and a B&W fifth wheel companion hitch. I figured that this is where he would start to pad the costs, but that did not happen. He added everything at their cost and discounted the labor costs to install it.

Less than a week later, our inspection went very well and all of my added equipment had been installed like it was originally done at the factory.

They also have a great RV store. Of course I managed to drop another grand in stuff, but they sold everything to me that day at their cost.

We just took the trailer out for a 4-day shake down trip. I did call Norm on his cell phone with a couple of questions (which, by the way, he takes up until 10 pm) and, within 10 minutes, I had answers.

I could not have been happier with the entire experience. The entire staff at Simi RV earned my business and I would definitely recommend them to anyone who anyone who needed to buy a trailer or motorhome. Thanks guys!

-Bruce

Last edited:

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Re: RVs of Sacramento - 2 rating

Cyber, Welcome to the Heartland Family & Forum. It great to have a positive experience when buying a new rig. Congrats on the new purchase.

TomMar

Retired Texas-South Chapter Leader
Okay I have to give Ron Hoover in Katy an excellent rating. Joe French and his team made part of the tranaction totally painless. They mover our washer / dryer from our BH 3600 RE to new Key Largoand when it came time to move everything from the old to the new they stayed 3 hours after closing because we were going on a trip the next day. The PDI went perfect. What a difference between this purchase and the other one that was with Camping World Katy.

Thank you Joe

jbeletti

Okay I have to give Ron Hoover in Katy an excellent rating. Joe French and his team made part of the tranaction totally painless. They mover our washer / dryer from our BH 3600 RE to new Key Largoand when it came time to move everything from the old to the new they stayed 3 hours after closing because we were going on a trip the next day. The PDI went perfect. What a difference between this purchase and the other one that was with Camping World Katy.

Thank you Joe

This is great to hear Tom. Joe ha always been pretty customer focused and we are pleased to see him move over to Ron Hoover where he can sell Heartland products again. Happy to hear you had a positive experience with Joe and his team.

Jim

jpdoggett

Camper Clinic in Rockport TX was great on the purchase of the 2011 Augusta but I don't think they are selling them anymore the only one they have is a 2009 (new) never been sold and thier service dept don't act like they know anything about them. They have done some warranty work we will see how they done when we get bak to Rockport