"Popping" sound

busted2341

Does anyone have a "Popping" sound when set up. Seems that it "pops" whenever it feels like it. I believe it might be hydraulic or maybe something in the 6 way auto level system. Any ideas? I'm not seeing the level decrease or any of the jacks change but a mm at a time would be difficult to notice.

AAdams

The level up system will pop randomly. Some units do more than others. Here is a link to additive that is recommended by Lippert. The sheet says start with 1 quart then add another if it persist. The only problem there is when you remove the second quart you will be removing part of the additive from the first time you did it. Some say just start with 2 quarts. Mine after one month is starting to pop now too.

rxbristol

The additive did not fix it for me. When I'm stationary for a few days, I put scissor jacks on the front with just enough extension to take a little pressure off the front jacks...no more popping. Others have also used this with success.

donr827

This is an old problem that keeps coming up. You would think that Lippert would have this problem solved by now.

Don

Ladiver

2 quarts of the CAT fluid here. Popping has not been completely eliminated, but reduced SIGNIFICANTLY. Instead of 3-4 pops nightly, I might get one over a weekend of camping.