Porch Light Lens

Two Hands

Would anyone know where I might be able to find an oval amber lens cover for the porch light on my Big Horn? I have found rectangular/square ones, but no ovals. My dealer says they can have it for me in two weeks or so, but we are leaving next Saturday.

ChopperBill

Why not put on a new more conventional light like this one. Less than $10 and available at about any RV store. Seems lots of folks are loosing that lens so If I do I am just getting of them.

Two Hands

THANK YOU for your reply! That was my first thought. However, I am not at all mechanically minded, can't even put a nail in straight. I worried I might have to drill new mounting holes, and, oh yes, I would drill into something I wasn't supposed to. Then I knew I couldn't properly seal the new fixture. I was just so hopeful that I could find another one and pop it in. Apparently not. :(

C

Chulinw

Some one at a campground would be more than happy to help you. Ask and you be surprise how many men would assist you in a project. They like to keep busy and just help out fellow campers. I do it when I can and always others are looking to give advise. God luck Tow Hands.

jbeletti

Two Hands,

Call Heartland Customer Service first thing Monday morning at 574-262-8030. Explain to them what you need and that your dealer cannot get it to you in time for your trip and ask that they please send one to you directly. They just may be able to accommodate you.

Best of luck and have a great trip next week.

Jim

Two Hands

Thanks, I will try that and keep my fingers crossed. It is not the end of the world, but when you finally have a beautiful trailer you don't want it spoiled even by a minor flaw.

timk

You might be able to get an amber bulb, or paint the inside of your existing lens cover.

Pulltab

The lens cover on ours fell off underneath the overhang somewhere between Ohio and Elkhart campground. Dealer is getting me a replacement. If it happens again I will swap mine out for a more common one.

tstammer

tstammer
Lens

I use a little silicone on each coner snap the light back in place hopefully this will help you out.

busted2341

Get used to it..I have lost 4 of them over the year or so we have had the B/H....dealer won't supply me any more...but they keep falling off from under the step. I have used silicone, superglue and expoxy. Nothing seems to keep the thing on.....I have bought a supply of four extra the last time I was at the dealership just to make sure I can leep it covered...No one else seems to keep that style in the stores so it must be a factory dealer item....Good Luck!

Pulltab

If that becomes the issue I will just swap them out. Don't see why the silicone didn't work though. I am going with that fix first. Good idea Tom.