porch light

Bobby A

I noticed my yellow porch light over the door must of burnt out, how do you remove it to get a new bulb?? or is it a sealed unit and you have to get the hole light ??

Thanks,
Bobby

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Bobby, Quite a few owners have replaced the existing porch light with ONE OF THESE. Since I installed mine, I leave it on 24/7. In addition to a motion activated light, it also acts as a visual battery system monitor.

Bobby A

Thanks Ray & John, was this one of the vendors at the rally ?? Is it as easy as remove and replace ?? useing the same wireing as original light ??

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Thanks Ray & John, was this one of the vendors at the rally ?? Is it as easy as remove and replace ?? useing the same wireing as original light ??
Bobby, HERE is the link to the vendor at the rally. Yes, easy install using the existing wiring for the old light. You will have to drill at least one new hole for mounting. It's been a couple years but I think I drilled all new mounting holes. It seemed to be a good idea at the time but I don't remember why. Coil n Wrap has a better price too.
On edit, the supplied LED bulb lasts a very very very long time.

Bobby A

Bobby, HERE is the link to the vendor at the rally. Yes, easy install using the existing wiring for the old light. You will have to drill at least one new hole for mounting. It's been a couple years but I think I drilled all new mounting holes. It seemed to be a good idea at the time but I don't remember why. Coil n Wrap has a better price too.
On edit, the supplied LED bulb lasts a very very very long time.

Thanks Ray, I'll look into it.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
For some reason I remember the new light having four screws and the old one only two. Probably wrong, but it's not the first time. At any rate, the same wires are used and there is a little test to make sure you've got them connected right. Don't skip the part about applying caulk around the perimeter of the housing before attaching to the wall. You can also adjust the sensitivity, if you like.

Chainsaw

Saskatchewan Chapter Leader
I also bought the led light at the rally and proptly wired it wrong< I found this out when I could not put it on stand b and the blue led light did not light up. The new porch light has 2 cables marked + you have to get the correct one attached to your + line.