Portable Waste Tank Recommendations

klp605

We need to purchase a portable waste tank as too often we are not on full hook-up. Had no idea there were so many options. Any recommendations on:

1. Brand
2. Size
3. Wheels
4. Tow Handle or Not

Thanks in advance!

eddylives

Hello
My experiences with portable tanks or "honey wagons" I have a few tips.
Be aware of your physical limitations.......a bigger tank like a 30 plus gallon is very heavy (I have a 31 gallon I believe and its very heavy full)
Wheels are a must to move along with a tow handle if you are going from your trailer to a dumping station in your camp site while full. I pulled mine with the half ton to the dumping area on the ball
Lifting a full wagon into your tow vehicle is a feat of strength with a big one......just compare it to 5 gallon gas cans....how many can you pick up at once?
As for brand I have only seen a couple up here so that boils down to your preference.
Just remember to handle with care......black water can be nasty so be aware of the old "action reaction" lol
Not a chore for someone with a weak stomach hehe......I have witnessed a few OOOPPPses!!! and you learn what to not ever do again hahahaha....like cross thread the main cap and have it pop off on you.

Relayman

mine is a 31 gallon tank. with metal tow bar. modified an under carriage spare tire carrier to keep it tucked out of the way, and with me where ever i travel
c51304071abadcb162fa22ac06cadbc2.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

plshilo

Hey Relayman,
What did you do with the Tire??? We like your idea!!!!! & would like to try, we have the same tote.

Relayman

i bought the tire carrier on line and mounted it just behind the
spare tire carrier. I had to bend and weld some 3/8 cold roll round stock to some square tubing ,then weld it between the tubes of the carrier to hold the
" blue bomber" in place. the carrier zip-screws into the frame

Relayman

Hey Relayman,
What did you do with the Tire??? We like your idea!!!!! & would like to try, we have the same tote.
spare tire carrier. I had to bend and weld some 3/8 cold roll round stock to some square tubing ,then weld it between the tubes of the carrier to hold the
ec45aa6668242326d238625858f93f3c.jpg
b25f3634681313900536a56eec419d71.jpg
b38abeb91951f481d49aaae1cd8aea94.jpg

Relayman

ec45aa6668242326d238625858f93f3c.jpg
b25f3634681313900536a56eec419d71.jpg
b38abeb91951f481d49aaae1cd8aea94.jpg

5c4b48b746936e476b367fbb3132fcfd.jpg
985c21ba6e6ddcfe2097e3fc6841e9eb.jpg

plshilo

Relayman.... WOW thanks for quick reply. It looks like a Really Great Job!!!!! Only problem is we have 2 storage box's behind our spare so No Room, but a Great mod.

esscobra

have a 25 and had a 42 ( sold with trailer ) barker ones and very happy no leaks- would put 4 n bed of truck an use thetford macerator +hose to fill- then drive to dump and use normal dump hose and gravity- mainly used when trailer was at deer lease and would make 3hr trip with no issues adventurer.net and ppl have best prices.l

• Each 4-Wheeler is equipped with a heavy-duty, 3” conventional sewer valve for ease of use and dependable performance
  • They are constructed from blow molded polyethylene, zinc plated steel and aluminum
  • The front mounted double wheel swivels for easy maneuvering and is mounted on a heavyduty, extra large mounting plate
  • Each 4-Wheeler is completely assembled and includes: (1) 3" bayonet cap, (1) 3/4" cap, (1) 3"x 5' sewer hose, (2) 3" bayonet hose adapters, (2) stainless steel 3" hose clamps, (1) heavy-duty tow handle, and (1) full tank indicator
  • 14.0" H, 24" W, 45" L
  • One year manufacturer's warranty
Was $281.99
NOW $212.84

Daley07

We purchased an RV Portable Waste Tank for home use when we needed to clean out our septic system. This is one of the smoothest rolling tote buckets I've ever used. I like its 3-inch conventional drain valve because it makes the tank easier to use and more reliable. I don't have to worry about lifting the jar to empty it. If you're going on a long road trip, I recommend choosing a 42-gallon tank capacity. I've never had that problem with the Barker 42 Gallon Tote Tank, and I've been using the same model for over 5 years now.

Last edited: