Postal Service Delivery Times

ICamel

My experience with USPS has been vastly better. I just had a package delivered to me yesterday via USPS First Class Package Service that was accepted in the Phoenix, Arizona area on Tuesday afternoon at 4:44pm and delivered here(between Salem and Eugene, Oregon) on Thursday morning at 8:32am. That is less than two days to travel from Sun City, to Glendale, to Phoenix, to Portland Oregon, to here. Over 1,100 miles by straight line, and we know it did not travel in a straight line!

AAdams

My experience with USPS has been vastly better. I just had a package delivered to me yesterday via USPS First Class Package Service that was accepted in the Phoenix, Arizona area on Tuesday afternoon at 4:44pm and delivered here(between Salem and Eugene, Oregon) on Thursday morning at 8:32am. That is less than two days to travel from Sun City, to Glendale, to Phoenix, to Portland Oregon, to here. Over 1,100 miles by straight line, and we know it did not travel in a straight line!

I agree, at times USPS is great. Problem is they are actually getting to be unreliable. Sometimes they are quick, like your package, sometimes they are slower than molasses in January in Minnesota. That is why we have switched to FedEx, especially if it the last delivery before we are to leave a campground.

MCTalley

If it is not going through the North Houston mail center (which all Texas Escapees mail does), then I haven't had a problem, either. It's primarily that particular sorting center that has sporadically been the problem. Our last two mailings have gotten hung up there, but we've only had that problem one other time in the last year through that route (around Christmas time, if I remember correctly, which I would expect some delays).

simsfmly

Ohio Chapter Leaders-retired
Changed sites from last year to this year. Also changed to a weekly mail from every 10 days because our mail volume has gotten so low that it's less expensive to get first class weekly than priority mail every 10 days.

Definitely notice the difference in delivery times from S.D. to Ohio, though changing from First Class pieces from Priority. Used to have Thursday deliveries here by Saturday. Now, Tuesday deliveries get here by Saturday.

Loved the last line
I should remember that for many years the post office has done a fine job.
. Yes, and you also used to ride horses to deliver it.

szewczyk_john

There are a number of bills before congress that will require the USPS to go back to the old delivery standards that were in place a few years ago. I urge anyone that is unhappy to contact your representatives and senators and urge them to restore the USPS standards. Not only will this help preserve good paying middle class jobs but it will restore the public's confidence in the USPS. The USPS has cut 300,000 jobs since 1999, many of these were over the last 5 years due to the economy of 5 years ago. As the economy has picked up many mail streams have seen growth in pure volume but they have cut to many and refuse to rehire those needed jobs. They did eliminate alot of double handling of mail pieces but they went to far with the plant consolidations and closures.