Power cord winch door

The power cord electric winch door on our Landmark is extremely flimsy. Sooner or later it is going to need to be replaced. Any one ever do this?

- - - Updated - - -

Soory..can't type with thumbs. Power cord winch door!

Last edited by a moderator:

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

I have been looking at a few different options and will some day find the perfect replacement slam-latch door. probably going to come from a motor home.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
I am so glad that our Prowler has a power receptical on the back of the trailer.

I used to bang up my knuckles stuffing the power cord back in that tiny little door.

happykraut

I wouldn't trade my power winch with flimsy door on my Bighorn for any receptacle. I've wrestled that heavy awkward cord around for years. Thank you Heartland.

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
I wouldn't trade my power winch with flimsy door on my Bighorn for any receptacle. I've wrestled that heavy awkward cord around for years. Thank you Heartland.

I like our power cord reel too, door might be "flimsy" but it's been adequate...

Rollin_Free

I am so glad that our Prowler has a power receptical on the back of the trailer.

I used to bang up my knuckles stuffing the power cord back in that tiny little door.

I like this idea. I wonder if there is an insert to replace the door that has only the receptical in it? I'm gonna check into it tomorrow. Granted I'd have to store the cord somewhere in the trailer but this sounds much better than continuing to pull it out and having to deal with all the curls in it. Could you attach pictures please. Thank you

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

I like this idea. I wonder if there is an insert to replace the door that has only the receptical in it? I'm gonna check into it tomorrow. Granted I'd have to store the cord somewhere in the trailer but this sounds much better than continuing to pull it out and having to deal with all the curls in it. Could you attach pictures please. Thank you
Here's what your looking for.
e811519121a98c822b29e53f1e43f75b.jpg
d9580a7872df10b1a68b1a14c6c154c3.jpg

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
The pictures I posted are a 30amp plug and a 50amp cord but you can find the ones you need 30 or 50

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

That is similar to the one on the back of the Prowler . . .

You can see it in these shots:

ProwlerNextToHouse-P1010708.jpg AZRodeoRally-IMG_5242.jpg