Powered Electrical Cord Reel Stopped Working

bobowill

My electical cord reel "ON" button got stuck on. I unstuck it when I notice it, now my cord reel doesn't work. I checked my fuses and they were all good. Is there a circuit breaker someplace or do I need a new motor? Is there a way to manually rollup the cord or do I have to feed the cord in and turn the reel by hand.
Thanks,

Bob

branson4020

Icantre Member
According to this drawing, the powered cord reel is protected by a 30A auto-reset DC circuit breaker. Its probably cycled itself to death from the switch being stuck. Jumper around it to test. The DC breakers are on the wall behind the battery, below the hydraulic pump.

Northern Virginia
According to this drawing, the powered cord reel is protected by a 30A auto-reset DC circuit breaker. Its probably cycled itself to death from the switch being stuck. Jumper around it to test. The DC breakers are on the wall behind the battery, below the hydraulic pump.

A couple of my "auto reset" breakers are in fact manual reset. Look for a small black button on the bottom. Except for this they look identical.

porthole

Retired
I wouldn't think the wire would stand up to a 30 amp load. IIRC it was a rather thin gauge for the application.

annwill

I checked the circuit breaker and it is OK. I checked the switch and power is getting through so it looks like it might be the motor. I will try and remove it this week. Does anyone know if there are any direction to remove the motor? If I need a new motor does anyone know where I can get a new one?
Thanks,

Willym

I checked the circuit breaker and it is OK. I checked the switch and power is getting through so it looks like it might be the motor. I will try and remove it this week. Does anyone know if there are any direction to remove the motor? If I need a new motor does anyone know where I can get a new one?
Thanks,
Call Heartland Customer Service and they should be able to help with parts. Have the last 6 digits of your trailer VIN at hand.

2psnapod2

Texas-South Chapter Leaders-Retired
I had one of the support bars that are screwed in to the top and the bottom. The one that broke off is the bottom on. I am wondering if the company listed below is actually the company suppling them to HL. I would really like to just get a new support and a couple of screws to replace the other one.

TedS

2psnapod, look at the lay line on the cable. Mine has 'Shoreline Power Reels by TDI Products' printed on the outer cover of the cable.

jbeletti

I had one of the support bars that are screwed in to the top and the bottom. The one that broke off is the bottom on. I am wondering if the company listed below is actually the company suppling them to HL. I would really like to just get a new support and a couple of screws to replace the other one.

Michael,

Pretty sure the company listed pin the link provided is who bought TDI. Call Heartland Customer Service on Tuesday morning to order the part you need (877-262-8032).

Jim

2psnapod2

Texas-South Chapter Leaders-Retired
Jim and Ted, thanks I will be making that call in the morning. I just returned back from a repair job at Camping World in Dothan, AL and did not have the best of luck there. Its not too bad but really makes me want a really good service department that will do things right the first time. I have worked with them and hopefully they make it right, but time will tell.