Powermax TowMax tires

danemayer

Here is yet another post on the poor performance on the tow max tires. On a recent trip we had two separate blowouts about 250 miles apart on I-40. My Heartland Sundance is less than 2 years old and the tires had less than 3500 miles on them. Luckily the damage to the trailer was minor. I ended up spending $950 on the first day of our trip, not to mention the extra time involved. What should have been an easy 7 hour trip ended up being a 14 hour nightmare. Thanks Heartland!

Hi curtiswm,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum. Sorry to hear about your bad tire experience.

tenfour

I am joining the club of unsatisfied towmax tire owners. Had a blowout on one tire replaced with the spare and noticed one of the other tires was swollen and very hot. Needless to say I limped my rig to the closest town and left it at a service station. I couldn't find any tires within a hundred and fifty miles. I don't want to tow the rig anywhere without some new tires. What if anything will Heartland or towmax do regarding this obviously lousy product. I have a 3185RL BIG HORN and the tires can't have more than 3000 miles on them. When the tire blew out it tore the heck out of the side of the trailer not to mention ruining our vacation. Thanks for listening RC

jimtoo

Hi tenfour or RC,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed. I see you have been a member of the forum for a while,, just not posting.

Sorry to hear of your tire problems. But keep the tires, call Tredit Tire, (800) 537-2925. You will need an estimate for repairs and pictures also. Call and be nice and you might,,, might get some help. Heartland is like ALL auto dealers and RV manufactures when it comes to tires, they depend on the tire manufacture to take care of any warranty claims.

Let us know how it goes.

Jim M

tenfour

Thanks Jim Already talked to Tread It they had me contact TBC Corp who had me contact Product Liability who said they would contact Dynamic Tire. Dynamic is supposed to call me in about a week, and if they don't I'm supposed to call them. Keeping my finger crossed that they will do something. In the mean time had to buy some new tires so I could get the trailer moved to a shop for repairs. RC

wdk450

I am joining the club of unsatisfied towmax tire owners. Had a blowout on one tire replaced with the spare and noticed one of the other tires was swollen and very hot. Needless to say I limped my rig to the closest town and left it at a service station. I couldn't find any tires within a hundred and fifty miles. I don't want to tow the rig anywhere without some new tires. What if anything will Heartland or towmax do regarding this obviously lousy product. I have a 3185RL BIG HORN and the tires can't have more than 3000 miles on them. When the tire blew out it tore the heck out of the side of the trailer not to mention ruining our vacation. Thanks for listening RC

Were you in Utah when you blew the tires? Are they the ST285 80 R16 LR G, 110 PSI. 3540 Lb load tires? I have been able to find those in stock at Les Schwab tire locations in Idaho, Washington and California.

Ric_Flair

Ditto on disappointment with BlowMax tires. My Road Warrior is 5 months old. Checked TP before pulling out. All 6 between 75-80 PSI. After traveling 15 miles at 60 MPH rear passenger side tire decided to shed it's tread and tear up the side of my camper. Is there anyone at Heartland still claiming these are quality tires? And everything I've been reading indicates the owners are on the hook for the repairs. Is that correct?

jimtoo

Hi Ric-Flair,

Sorry you have had a problem with a tire. But keep the carcass, call Tredit Tire, (800) 537-2925. They will need pictures and probably a couple of estimates for repair. They have been known to help on occasion.

Jim M

TomSt

Past New Jersey Chapter Leader
Based on your picture they cannot use their standard excuse that you drove on the tire in a 'run flat' condition. Should give you a better chance at a settlement.

Sandpirate69

Don't fall asleep on this. Stay on them, you wont be disappointed. Keep your tires and send them when requested. Good luck!

Sent from my GT-P5113 using Tapatalk 2

tporter

I blew a Power Max Power Tow on my Heartland Greystone, yesterday......It tore up the camper pretty good where the thread came off.....the tires only have about 5000 miles on them and I'm 1000 miles away from home.....this is about the third major item I have had with Heartland....it seems they like to sell them but don't want to back them.....I'm very disappointed....my first and last Heartland....

Grey Ghost

I just blew a Power King Tow Max tire this weekend and did some damage to my unit. :mad: Why do they continue putting these JUNK CHEAP *** tires on these expensive trailers? I just don't understand the reasoning behind it! Makes me just angry as **** sitting on the interstate in 104 temps waiting for a repair guy to show up after this type of thing happens. Does anyone know who makes this tire? Is anyone doing anything about this problem? I'm going to buy a 10 ply G rated tire that is american made and hope for the best, any suggestions?? The more I talk about it the :mad: I get!! When are these manufactures going to wise up and do it right. I know, I know its all about the dollars and cents! We pay darn good money for this rigs, you would think they would want their product to not be seen sitting the side of the road broke down, bad advertising!!

danemayer

Hi lgubbels,

Sorry about your tire. If you're looking for a load range G American-made tire (14 ply equivalent), you'll want the Goodyear G614. Before you change, check the wheels to find out if they're rated for 110 psi to match the tire. Don't mix 80 psi wheels with 110 psi tires. You may be able to see the rating on the inside of the wheel. If not, give Tredit a call. Tredit Tire (800) 537-2925.

I know this is an old thread but I wanted to reply about the TST 507 and TowMax tires. I was just pulling my 2010 Cyclone 3950 home from Tennessee last weekend when the TST sensor went off. I pulled over immediately and the sidewall of the TowMax tire had blown out. The readout on my TST sensor showed the pressure in the tire dropping quickly and gave me enough time to get over to the shoulder before it blew completely. I had a previous TowMax blow out last summer on my way through Michigan. Pulling a 42' coach, I didn't hear nor see the blowout until someone came alongside of me and flagged me over. Thanks to 3 axles, the rim was saved but there was nothing left of the tire but a ring around the rim on the front and back. That was the day I bought the TST sensors and placed them on every wheel of my coach and my truck. Well worth the money for the peace of mind.

Grey Ghost

power king towmax or better??

I just blew out a power king tow max 235/80/R16 this weekend on my Greystone and tore the **** out of my side panel:mad::mad:. I'm sick to my stomach about tire problems and getting stuck on the road in 104 degree temps. I've had it, ready to purchase pure solid rubber tires next or maybe steel lugs might work! I'm sick about hearing all these stories about tires made in China and st vs str and all this stuff. I just want a tire I can rely on while traveling. I check my tire pressure religiously, check my tires at every stop, thump my tires to test them at every stop so I think I'm doing about all I can to make sure all is ok before pulling out on the road again. I've blow tires on every rig I've owned and now I'm reaching an age I just don't want it to happen anymore. Any suggestions as to what might be best on my 2011 Greystone 29MK. I don't overload it either so don't try to pin that one on me either! I never carry water and it is just the two of us so nothing much heavier than two suit cases full of makeup for the wife! Hope she doesn't read this!!:) If you cannot tell I'm just south of very angry. I've written Dynamics about the power king tire and I'm waiting to hear back from them to see if they will do anything about it. In the mean time I can see little small threads of steel coming out of another tire on the same side as the one that blew so I suppose that one will be next. It's staying parked until I get some answers and get a real set of tires on this thing!!:eek: So there. Will keep everyone posted about my dealings with Dynamics.

Sandpirate69

To all who are complaining about various tire problems. How many of you have bothered to file a complaint with NHTSA? If you did, did you provide the complete DOT serial and trailer VIN?
If you did not file a complaint then I hope you feel better by just complaining here as there will never be a recall if there aren't enough complaints filed with accurate information.

To answer your question, YES several of US on this forum have. I can tell you from experience it means little to the supposedly watch dogs. Not only the required information, but photos & estimates of the repairs needed. Now tireman, explain to me why no one bothered to contact me from NHTSA? I understand your an engineer, but the laws of physics & inertia can only sum up so much. Then you have to look at Quality Control. Quality of material. I can probably earn my PhD if I continue.
The bottom line is put some good rubber under our family Investments !

I'm done :p

Sandpirate69

Re: power king towmax or better??

I just blew out a power king tow max 235/80/R16 this weekend on my Greystone and tore the **** out of my side panel:mad::mad:. I'm sick to my stomach about tire problems and getting stuck on the road in 104 degree temps. I've had it, ready to purchase pure solid rubber tires next or maybe steel lugs might work! I'm sick about hearing all these stories about tires made in China and st vs str and all this stuff. I just want a tire I can rely on while traveling. I check my tire pressure religiously, check my tires at every stop, thump my tires to test them at every stop so I think I'm doing about all I can to make sure all is ok before pulling out on the road again. I've blow tires on every rig I've owned and now I'm reaching an age I just don't want it to happen anymore. Any suggestions as to what might be best on my 2011 Greystone 29MK. I don't overload it either so don't try to pin that one on me either! I never carry water and it is just the two of us so nothing much heavier than two suit cases full of makeup for the wife! Hope she doesn't read this!!:) If you cannot tell I'm just south of very angry. I've written Dynamics about the power king tire and I'm waiting to hear back from them to see if they will do anything about it. In the mean time I can see little small threads of steel coming out of another tire on the same side as the one that blew so I suppose that one will be next. It's staying parked until I get some answers and get a real set of tires on this thing!!:eek: So there. Will keep everyone posted about my dealings with Dynamics.

Been there done that. Stay the course and don't let off. It will be resolved. Hopefully you still have the affected tire. You will need to provide it, at their expense.

Agfinders

Well gang,
finally got some resolve on the tire issues. When my rig was taken in for new tires I had the Goodyear dealer test the remaining 3 original tires and they were found to be out of round and ready to separate. I had Dynamic tire speak to the manager of the store and low and behold they reimbursed me for 5 tires and Heartland reimbursed my deductible for my insurance.
i feel better, but still don't feel that my insurance company should of paid anything. Due diligence and perseverance paid off.
if you encounter a problem it does pay to exhaust all avenues in lieu if giving up.

jcarnevale

I'm getting better at changing Towmax tires, I have it down to 30 minutes. it's not NASCAR but these tires are good for something :)

IMAG0904.jpgIMAG0908.jpg