Pre-Nashville 2010 Mini-Rally & Convoy

Flying Dutchman

Virginia Chapter Leaders - Retired
I respect the 65MPH speed limit ever since attending the tire safety seminar in Goshen. That was good information!:cool:

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Where is there a stinking 65 mph speed limit, I don't see one:D They all read 70 in Texas (except some places in Texas where it is 80). Oh, yeah, then 70 in Louisiana, Arkansas, Oklahoma, New Mexico, Arizona, Mississippi, Alabama....Hmmmm, must be those Yankee states that slow us speed demons down...ROFLMAO:p

Jim & Harriet

convoy

Hi Gus,
Jim and I are thinking about the Nashville Rally so let us know when and where to meet the convoy. Always good to travel with friends. :)

Hudson

Where is there a stinking 65 mph speed limit, I don't see one:D They all read 70 in Texas (except some places in Texas where it is 80). Oh, yeah, then 70 in Louisiana, Arkansas, Oklahoma, New Mexico, Arizona, Mississippi, Alabama....Hmmmm, must be those Yankee states that slow us speed demons down...ROFLMAO:p

There is a 65 mph speed limit on the tires.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Over-night Campground before 2010 National Rally

I pretty well narrowed it down to either Baileyton RV Park (near Exit 36 on I-81 South in TN) or River Plantation RV Park (off I-40 near Seiverville, TN) River Plantation is approximately 1 hour further from Virginia and NE starting points, but then that makes it 1 hour closer to Nashville the next day. Both CG's have pros and cons. If you're interested in convoying into the National Rally, take a look at both online and give me your thoughts.

Debra and I will probably plan on spending the night on Wed and getting to the National Rally on Thursday (I believe it officially starts on Friday).:)

jbeletti

...Debra and I will probably plan on spending the night on Wed and getting to the National Rally on Thursday (I believe it officially starts on Friday).:)

The first day of the rally is Thursday. I will urge attendees to arrive prior to day 1. Thursday night's CG fee will be included in the rally rate. As the rally has become more popular, I have been trying to pack more value into the same time frame. In Goshen this year, Thursday was a full day of seminars. They were primarily "softer" seminars where as Friday had more "hard hitting" seminars with major component suppliers.

As for the Nashville rally, I will be working on a preliminary agenda in November/December and will have it posted on the registration website for a January 1 launch to Club members.

While I do plan to keep the "on the road" rallies, light in terms of seminars, I still hope to have something going on Thursday. Just not sure what it will be yet. I also plan to have a smaller "Heartland Marketplace" during the rally on Thursday and Friday. So the few hand-selected vendors will be in our hall all day, both days.

Sorry to hijack this thread. Any questions about the Nashville rally itself can be made on that rally's forum here.

Hijack over - thanks for the indulgence Gus :)

Jim

TanDumb

Kim and Chris
Gus,
Either CG looks good to me. I am just excited to be a part of this family. HEHE. We wont be ordering our Cyclone until Feb. I hope there will be sites at the rally come time we get out 5er.

boatto5er

Gus,
Either CG looks good to me. I am just excited to be a part of this family. HEHE. We wont be ordering our Cyclone until Feb. I hope there will be sites at the rally come time we get out 5er.

Hope you plan on attending the Eastern Region Rally also. You can go ahead and make a reservation and if your delivery is going to be delayed (heaven forbid) cancel the reservation later.

The first day of the rally is Thursday.
Sorry to hijack this thread. Any questions about the Nashville rally itself can be made on that rally's forum here.

Hijack over - thanks for the indulgence Gus :)

Jim

Thanks for the correction Jim! In that case we would be spending Tuesday night and convoying in on Wednesday.

boatto5er

We're Registered!

Debra and I are OFFICIALLY registered for the National Rally:). Right now our plan is to leave home Tuesday and drive into NE Tennessee and spend the night at the Baileyton RV Park (I'll post park details soon). We'll get up and go into Nashville (convoy?) with a planned arrival around 1:00 Wednesday. That'll give us time to do some local tourist stuff Wednesday afternoon and evening. If we arrive as a group, they will try to get us sited close together. More details to follow.

yondering

Retired-Full Timer
Once you get the dates/location, let us know, we would be interested in joining in. We plan on celebrating our 45th anniversary during the rally. Best wishes and God Bless ya, Al & Dee Weaver