Pre-Nashville 2010 Mini-Rally & Convoy

andy

Early arrival an late leaving Nashville

Talked to Jenn at the KOA in Nashville today an she said anyone that is coming in early an leaving later than the 18th should call her to make sure they will have a campsite . We are planning on coming in on the 14th an leaving the 21st .

PSF513

2010 International Rally

Deb & I are registered. Now we just need to figure out where to meet the HL convoy

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Deb & I are registered. Now we just need to figure out where to meet the HL convoy

Pete,

Our plans are: "Right now our plan is to leave home Tuesday and drive into NE Tennessee and spend the night at the Baileyton RV Park (I'll post park details soon) - mini-Rally. We'll get up and go into Nashville (convoy?) with a planned arrival around 1:00 Wednesday." If you can get the time off, join us on Tuesday evening in Baileyton. It's 250 miles (~4.5 hours) the next day into Nashville. That's about one tank:( of diesel if you're driving a Ford like us!

dieselsweetheart

Gus, how far is the Baileyton RV park from Hershey, do you know? I have to teach on Tuesday until 1p...what we would probably do is leave after I get home...I wonder if we would get to the park by 7p or somewhere around then??

fordtech 2008

i'm a little confused on the miles from moyock to nashville, mapquest says its 701 miles and my gps says its 586 miles and it looks like it follows the same route. wonder which one is right.

boatto5er

i'm a little confused on the miles from moyock to nashville, mapquest says its 701 miles and my gps says its 586 miles and it looks like it follows the same route. wonder which one is right.

Ken, check my email to you. Looks like the GPS is "under achieving".

fordtech 2008

thanks gus, i'm not sure we are going to be able to make it to nashville we have to make a trip to new york this year to visit marj's family. think that is going to be sometime in july.

Jim-n-Leslie

Leslie and I are working out our 2010 camping plans, and are definitely interested. Will have to see how it works out with work, etc.

boatto5er

Important Mini-Rally/Convoy Announcement

Hi Everyone,

Jim B has arranged it with the KOA to get as many of us as possible who convoy in on Wed, July 14, sited close together in a group. In order to do so however, we have to give the campground the names of those coming in with the convoy as soon as possible. In order to try to get us close together I need confirmation that you will be joining in the overnight stay at the Baileyton RV park on July 13, and convoying in with us on July 14 to Nashville No Later Than Wed, Jan 13. Sorry for the short notice, but the KOA is filling up rapidly for the rally, so we have to confirm with them very soon. Thanks - Deb and I look forward to meeting up with as many of you as possible. Please email me with confirmation ASAP!

Gus

porthole

Retired

Did you add Nashville as a destination and then hit navigate?

586 miles is about "line of sight" distance.
730 sounds about right for "travel (road) distance"

boatto5er

Is that Baily Town just south of 81?

And if it is and you are coming up 40 from the east you need to check the highway repairs. There are areas that are/have been closed due to rock slides.

Or half a tank if you drive a GMC like us :D

Duane,

Here's their Website: www.baileytonrvpark.com

It's actually just off of I-81(on north side of 81) near Baileyton, TN, 44 miles SW of Bristol, VA. We'll be coming in out of VA on I-81. For anyone needing to use I-40 in Carolina, it is scheduled to be open by then. Would certainly check in advance to make sure though.

Gus

National Rally schedule

We are new RV'ers and are planning on attending the Rally..............is there a schedule posted somewhere?
Thanks,
Charles and Ruth

boatto5er

We are new RV'ers and are planning on attending the Rally..............is there a schedule posted somewhere?
Thanks,
Charles and Ruth

Here's a preliminary agenda: //heartlandowners.org/rally/2010/2010_agenda.pdf

Check the official rally thread also. Jim B. has been posting a few early arrival activities also.

boatto5er

Group Arrangements Made

I spoke with Baileyton RV Park, http://www.baileytonrvpark.com/, (nice folks) this morning. We have 15 sites reserved for the mini-rally the night of July 13th. Please call the campground to make your reservations. The number is 888-296-2267. Tell them you are with the Heartland Owner's Club. Because thay are holding 1/4th of their available sites (they only have 60 total), they would like for us to put down a deposit (which will cover your overnight stay except for taxes). If you only need 30amp the deposit = $32, for 50amp it is $34. The deposit is 75% refundable up to 7 days prior to July 13th. If you are a Good Sam member they will give you a 10% discount when you check in.

E-mail me if you have any questions.

shovelguy

Re: Group Arrangements Made

There will be one more rig in the convoy as we will be joining you in Baileyton. The Nashville ralley is just one of the many "must do" stops on our "See the USA in 2010" trip. On this trip, by the tiime we get to Nashville, we will have towed the Bighorn over 5,000 miles from our home in Oregon. Looking forward to meeting all of you.

Dean

Hudson

Okay. I know we said we were not going to enjoy the moisture and warmth of Tennessee in July (I'm from there there but never adjusted to it) ... but it's better than NOLA I guess, right? But we changed our minds for several reasons and we're now signed up for the Nashville rally.

If we can still book in at the KOA and the pre-rally CG, then we will also be joining the caravan. Yee haw!

BTW, I'm glad Gus is leading at 65 MPH. We just blew out a third China bomb last week ... doing 65mph, within 150 miles of checking pressure and lug nuts. We only have two of those left now ... and I'm not convinced the "new replacement" tires aren't just a different brand of C.B.

We did get a new truck though -- the big dog F-450 -- so we won't be towing so close to the limits. Wow, those 6.4L diesels are so much quieter! And they seem to use only 20% more fuel :mad: