Pre selection question

Status
Not open for further replies.

neal

I am looking to buy a 5th wheel for extended travel and have few questions. Can a Landmark be purchased direct from Hartland without going thru a dealer? I noticed Hartland provides a means for aligning the axles-- are the axles aligned properly at the factory? Does Hartland allow for selection of TV's and audio equipment. What are the warranties for a Landmark-- and can an independent RV repair shop be reimbursed? How does Hartland mount/install the washer dryer? What equipment is included in the full timers package? Does the buyer have selection of surge-suppressor? Can two 100 watt solar panels be factory installed? Thank you for any information that can be provided.

jimtoo

Hi neal,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and hopefully to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

No, you cannot buy direct from the factory, you must go thru a dealer. I would suggest you contact a dealer, either on line or in person (best way I think), ask them all your questions and even call the factory to ask for some changes. The factory will make some changes not on the dealers paper work.

I'm sure you will get some more info from other members that have made some changes like you want.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

danemayer

Hi neal,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum. There's lots of useful information here along with a great bunch of friendly and helpful people.

You've got a good list of detailed questions. I'm sure other owners can answer most of the questions, and the Landmark Brand Manager may also respond. But sometimes the best thing to do is to Heartland Customer Service at 877-262-8032. Identify yourself as a prospective customer and ask to speak with the Landmark Brand Manager.

Can a Landmark be purchased direct from Heartland without going thru a dealer? I'm pretty sure it's dealers only.

I noticed Heartland provides a means for aligning the axles-- are the axles aligned properly at the factory? The axles are built to spec and assembled by the axle manufacturer. They mount to hangers that are welded in place by the frame manufacturer. All that to say that alignment of new parts is not done, IMHO is not necessary, and as has recently been discussed here, there seems to be no evidence from owners that would indicate that it would be necessary. The Correct Track feature allows corrections to be made after hitting potholes, curbs, etc.

Does Heartland allow for selection of TV's and audio equipment.
You could ask the Brand Manager, but I'd guess that might be something left to a dealer or to you.

What are the warranties for a Landmark-- and can an independent RV repair shop be reimbursed? As I recall, Landmarks have a 2 year/5year warranty as explained in the product brochures you can download from the Heartlandrvs.com website. Independent shops can be used with prior approval from Heartland.

How does Heartland mount/install the washer dryer?
Location depends on model, but I believe the general approach is a stacked Splendide configuration that vents through the outer wall. If you get full-body paint, you'll want factory install so that the vent is also painted. There's an overflow tray under the washer that drains to the outside in case of malfunction.

What equipment is included in the full timers package?
Bike receiver hitch, Surge Protector, Tire Pressure Monitoring System. Generator prep option is a pre-req for this.

Does the buyer have selection of surge-suppressor? I don't think so. I believe the surge protection may be integrated into the transfer switch that comes with the generator prep.

Can two 100 watt solar panels be factory installed? You should ask the Brand Manager, but I've not heard of this being done.

TexAndLinda

Solar Panels -

I was told by two different dealers that you may want to deal directly with a solar company (usually out of AZ). As far as installing it, that would be a good HL dealer or after you start researching AZ area for solar dealers you will probably find one that installs on RV's.

aatauses

Hey Dan,
Great advice for a potential owner---just wondering about your comment on "correct track"---what is that?
I did have my BH3670 aligned at Henderson's when I was in OR.
thanks
al
currently in Kenai, AK

danemayer

Hey Dan,
Great advice for a potential owner---just wondering about your comment on "correct track"---what is that?
I did have my BH3670 aligned at Henderson's when I was in OR.
thanks
al
currently in Kenai, AK
Heartland recently added Correct Track I (OEM version) as a standard feature on most 5th wheels. Here's a link to the Mobile Outfitters page on Correct Track II (which is the aftermarket version). It allows front-to-rear adjustment of the axle at each wheel, which is probably different from the alignment you had done.

neal

As far as solar is concerned, I prefer to have it factory installed. However, the roof on Hartland products do not have the rafters to connect the panels because they are spaced too far apart. Other trailer mfg's have 16 inch centers for rafters that are more solar friendly. Then there is the wiring-- there seems to be no provision for 10 gauge wires that run from the roof to the basement--. I am little concerned that Hartland does not check and perform alignment at the factory. Everybody builds to spec., but the specs are no better than the inspection to verify the specs-- and it does not appear Heartland is interested in proper inspections of its vendors. As far as TV/audio equipment goes-- I suppose one can order a trailer without these items and get a credit that I could apply towards what I really want. From what I have seen a RV shows Heartland selects low end stuff that I would not be happy with. I think Heartland Landmark would require too much effort for what I need and desire. Thanks for your inputs.

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
I don't consider our Sony equipment to be low end, and we easily installed three solar panels to the roof of our 2013 Landmark....spacing of the rafters was not an issue. However, it sounds like you will be happier going with a different manufacturer...

danemayer

neal,

I've been surprised at some of the discussion surrounding Correct Track. In the past 3 years, I don't think there's ever been a post on this forum suggesting that Heartland should be performing alignments at the factory. Then after Heartland starts shipping Correct Track to allow owners to do better alignment, suddenly a few people start talking about this improvement like it's a deficiency. I don't understand that viewpoint at all.

I hope you find the level of customization you're seeking, but I wouldn't be surprised if you end up back here.

neal

I don't consider our Sony equipment to be low end, and we easily installed three solar panels to the roof of our 2013 Landmark....spacing of the rafters was not an issue. However, it sounds like you will be happier going with a different manufacturer...
Well I took your advice and purchase a Montana 3450RL and I am very happy with it. Also the folks on the Montana web site are less snarky towards potential buyer---

danemayer

Well I took your advice and purchase a Montana 3450RL and I am very happy with it. Also the folks on the Montana web site are less snarky towards potential buyer---
Neal,

I'm sorry we came across as snarky and I'm sure we all wish you well.

Status
Not open for further replies.