Problems draining gray water tank #2 in Landmark

trdeal

Past North Carolina Chapter Leader
Thanks for the info on the set screw. I put a set screw in my cable today and so far so good. Thanks again.
trdeal

jbeletti

Pass it on? HT! :)

Yes, it was taken care of. I think the cable linkage had come loose that pulls the gate valve open. Can't remember - this was from 2006.

ChopperBill

I put one of these gate valves on my sewer outlet. It is now a permanent fixture (unless someone steals it) I never have felt very comfortable with those cable actuated valves. I am more concerned with them closing after I fill my Blue Boy. Plus I can shut down when the Blue Boy fills up without wondering how much more is coming down the pipe.

Uncle Rog

Howdy Bill, with that knife valve in place I wonder if you could pull both gray handles and if they would equalize if one tank filled faster than the other?
We wash dishes outside a lot so the shower tank usually fills first............
We have never stayed anywhere long enough to worry about the black tank......

htneighbors

Unbelievably Blessed!
Jim, Thanks - I KNEW you had fixed it! Just didn't hear the solution after reading through the thread - I was anxious to hear. Trying to educate myself in case I run across similar problems. Getting pretty pumped about my Cyclone!

Bill, thanks for the link, too. I'm glad to have all the input for mods to make RV living better. All you guys that have been around the block sure are teaching me some things. This forum is way cool! I just wish that I could retain this knowledge, but -since it is here, I can always search the forum or ask again!

ChopperBill

Howdy Bill, with that knife valve in place I wonder if you could pull both gray handles and if they would equalize if one tank filled faster than the other?
We wash dishes outside a lot so the shower tank usually fills first............
We have never stayed anywhere long enough to worry about the black tank......
Yes that works. Another neat thing is you can close the optional knife valve and open the black tank after you empty it and open a gray tank. The gray water rushes to the black tank and gives it a good rinse. Then pull the optional valve and drain 'em out. Works great if you are boon docking and have Blue Boy facilities. Even works good if you are at the dump station with the trailer. Gives the ole black tank a good back flush.

cdbMidland

Past Michigan Chapter Leader
I had purchased one of those gate valves last summer as when I would remove the cap, there was always about a quart of brownish fluid that would run out.

However, the first trip out after putting this on, I blew a tire and that gate valve became MIA. What I now wonder is if the tire blowing out ripped the gate valve off the sewer end, or if it fell off first and I ran over it with the tire that blew.

So, if you install one of these gate valves, make sure it is very tight. Because of the way it is constructed it is heavy on the one end and could have unscrewed itself.