Product names that make you wonder... "what were they thinking!"

FiremanBill

I fly model planes and got this in an email from a company called Hobby King out of China. I know there is a language barrier but surely they are smarter than this! Everyone I know in the hobby is having a blast over this one! It is a receiver that goes into a helicopter for radio control.

Attachments

• fubar.jpg
    fubar.jpg
    137 KB · Views: 232

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Maybe it's truth! Might be what happens when you try to run your model helo and it smacks the ground (FUBAR). The "FU" may be the company's reply when you ask for a refund.

ParkIt

lol, I think JohnDar nailed it, especially on the refund part ;)

A long time ago my friend and I went to a small Quick n' Go store to get some dog food for her dog. We saw this one brand and just started laughing so hard we were in tears....the can brand name in big letters was called "WIFF". Maybe the part that got us to tears was breaking it down from an acronym, What If Fido Farts is the one that set us off and still gets a giggle out of me to this day ;)

FiremanBill

Maybe it's truth! Might be what happens when you try to run your model helo and it smacks the ground (FUBAR). The "FU" may be the company's reply when you ask for a refund.

Knowing this company the way I do I agree with you completely!

wdk450

That reminds me of years ago when Chevrolet came out with the Nova model car. Chevy Detroit couldn't figure why it didn't sell well in Spanish speaking areas until the name "Nova" was found to be perceived as the Spanish expression "No Va", which means "It doesn't Go".