Progress report on new unit?

lakeside

Greetings All,
We recently ordered a new BH 3685RL. Does the factory or dealer provide any updates/progress reports on the manufacture process or built sheet as the model is being produced? If so, how do I acquire? Thanks.
Lakeside

Westwind

Never heard of that, definately not like buying a car. Maybe the dealer can find out some info for you.

danemayer

On our Rushmore, the factory scheduled the build and the dealer received a confirmation of the order, showing the content, several weeks in advance of the actual build - in our case it was only a few days after the order was processed.

If I remember correctly from the factory tour, once the frame assembly hits the line, a Bighorn is built in about 1 1/2 days.

If you ordered more than a few days ago, the dealer should be able to provide a copy of the build confirmation, including the VIN #, and a planned build date. If they aren't sure about the build date, but get you the VIN #, a call to Heartland can also probably get you the planned build date.

If you ordered at an RV show, there could be a few days lost because the dealer is submitting a large group of orders all at once.

If you ordered 1/2 or full body paint, there's additional time at the paint shop after the unit is built. I think the most unpredictable part of the process is how long it takes before a driver is available to deliver it. Winter weather also sometimes creates delays.

Anticipatory excitement is just part of getting a new RV. You've ordered and fun is around the corner. It won't be long now.

lakeside

DW saw a new Bighorn exiting the interstate today. Sure enough, it was our 3685RL headed for the dealer. Dealer said he had NO idea it was even made yet. Oh well, O.K. DW, please go fine the checkbook!
Lakeside