Progressive EMS

hriker

This is a very good resource for understanding the electrical connection to your rv. I actually utilized this before have an outlet installed in my home. Used it to explain to the electrician exactly what I wanted. Then i double checked to unsure it was correct before using it. Made index cards for campground testing of 50 and 30 amp connections from this site as well. Good luck!!

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

choprpilot76

Tried to forward you something I sent to one of the other members. Let me know if you got it in your message box.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks whp4262, I got it, and thanks to everyone else's links/input, I'm beginning to understand it. This should definitely give him the info and the why to wire a home hook up for me.

recumbent615

Founding MA Chapter Leader-retired
This is a very good resource for understanding the electrical connection to your rv. I actually utilized this before have an outlet installed in my home. Used it to explain to the electrician exactly what I wanted. Then i double checked to unsure it was correct before using it. Made index cards for campground testing of 50 and 30 amp connections from this site as well. Good luck!!

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

When I had my RV pad installed and had power run out to the Site - I did not rely on telling the Elect what I needed, I also purchased the Pedestal, Breakers, outlets and provided detailed wiring diagrams for both the connection to the Main power panel in my home and for the pedestal. Not that I did not trust the Electrician but this is not something that they would have to do in their normal course of work. As it turned out the Electrician that the contractor hired was also a RV owner - so he knew exactly what I needed. But also commented that he wished every homeowner would provide that level of detail on what the application is... so they can be sure that it gets done right. He then proceeded to tell me stories of improper wiring that he has encountered when camping. I asked him if he just moves to a new site or if he fixes the issue for them.

His response made me pause ... he said that he was on vacation and would not fix the issue, but that he always let's the park manager know exactly what is wrong - making sure that they understand that he is a master electrician and asks if they can have their electrician come out and fix the problem immediately. if the answer is no, he asks to be moved and before he moves he powers down the Pedestal - places a electrical warning sicker - warning of the electrical wiring issues and finally he places an access lock on the box - that is tamper proof ( must be cut off ) what is also red and warns of electrical shock. Suffice to say that no camper will back into that site and hook up until the issue is address.

I wonder how many times park managers or owners have gotten mad at him for saving someone else a fried camper...