Project LM 365

BusManRG

Wow! Sounds like you’ve found your next project! Have there been other issues or do think this is just the tip of the iceberg? Or are you just ready for a new project? I’m with Rod. You’ve been a huge asset to this club!
Sandy

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

No sandy we love our LM 365 Ashland very much. It is the perfect 5th wheel and floor plan.
We've been looking at big diesel pushers for many years now. Maybe it's a dream but it seem to be getting closer and closer to reality.
You only live once right ???

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

No sandy we love our LM 365 Ashland very much. It is the perfect 5th wheel and floor plan.
We've been looking at big diesel pushers for many years now. Maybe it's a dream but it seem to be getting closer and closer to reality.
You only live once right ???

I’ve got to say, I’ve been wanting a pusher myself. I’m
Thinking earliest is retirement in 11 years maybe as three of the four kids move out in a 6-7 years we could seriously get one. With four kids though too soon now. Wife isn’t sure she wants one, she likes the fifth wheel and pick up to travel in retirement, but I like the huge frontal view window and being able to more freely move about while driving. Like the heartland brand though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Installed 3 7-way boxes at the Red Bluff rally.
Almost every factory box I've opened up, I've found the yellow wire dead end and not capped or taped. Most of them have been rubbing inside the metal junction box. So when you put the truck in reverse that yellow wire is hot.
This one here was shorting out inside the box.

This is from the factory.
ed2daae1ddca63a12444dd50a4e24b20.jpg

jbeletti

Installed 3 7-way boxes at the Red Bluff rally.
Almost every factory box I've opened up, I've found the yellow wire dead end and not capped or taped. Most of them have been rubbing inside the metal junction box. So when you put the truck in reverse that yellow wire is hot.
This one here was shorting out inside the box.

This is from the factory.

Jerrod - PM me with the brands these were found in. Model year too if you know it. I'll be pushing this up to production as soon as I know more. Thanks!

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

I'm making up 5 more 7-way boxes for the Washington and Oregon rallys. 2 or 3 or the 5 are already spocken for but I should have 2 extra if they make it that far.

PM me your info if you need one. I seem to have a tuff time remembering when someone asks.
06692361b0b8a56ab43455dbfb7ecf75.jpg
3793e7219f81b163ff406d3befdc701c.jpg
02336f38ee09698ba1148e34d18a6b81.jpg

Greengas

I'm making up 5 more 7-way boxes for the Washington and Oregon rallys. 2 or 3 or the 5 are already spocken for but I should have 2 extra if they make it that far.

PM me your info if you need one. I seem to have a tuff time remembering when someone asks.
06692361b0b8a56ab43455dbfb7ecf75.jpg
3793e7219f81b163ff406d3befdc701c.jpg
02336f38ee09698ba1148e34d18a6b81.jpg

Those look interesting. I'm still learning about .electronics so can you tell me what they do.

BusManRG

And it looked so cool when we all had our clearance lights on at the rally. The light fairy came by and turned ours on the first night.

Sandy

For20hunter

Pacific Region Directors-Retired
Those look interesting. I'm still learning about .electronics so can you tell me what they do.

It is a replacement 7 pin box that mounts behind your fifth wheel hitch pin. It replaces the galvanized box with wire nuts that Heartland installs and replaces them with crimped on fittings and allows you to turn on your 4 way flashers on your fifth wheel and all of your other lights (clearance, tail, and marker lights) with a flip of a switch, so if you break down you are able to activate those lights, illuminating your rig while you go get parts/help. It also makes your rig stand out at night in a park. On top of that, it replaces the standard plug and wire with a coiled wire that is shorter when not in use and has a mount for it on the back of the box which holds it up and out of the way when not hooked up. A great modification!!!

Rod

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

And it looked so cool when we all had our clearance lights on at the rally. The light fairy came by and turned ours on the first night.

Sandy
Sandy maybe some day I will have a App for that and I will be able to turn them all on at once from my phone.
Out of the 45 rigs at the rally 18 of them were lit up. 17 of mine and Rich H. He made his own.
I've acully lost count but I think I'm at #54 + these 5 make 59 of them out there.

Greengas

It is a replacement 7 pin box that mounts behind your fifth wheel hitch pin. It replaces the galvanized box with wire nuts that Heartland installs and replaces them with crimped on fittings and allows you to turn on your 4 way flashers on your fifth wheel and all of your other lights (clearance, tail, and marker lights) with a flip of a switch, so if you break down you are able to activate those lights, illuminating your rig while you go get parts/help. It also makes your rig stand out at night in a park. On top of that, it replaces the standard plug and wire with a coiled wire that is shorter when not in use and has a mount for it on the back of the box which holds it up and out of the way when not hooked up. A great modification!!!

Rod

That sounds great. Do you ship? :)

mnkamper

Founding MN Chapter Leader-retired
Tried to PM you too Jerrod.
Says you're a popular man and your space is full.
I'd be interested in a 7-way too if you still have 1 not spoken for!

Tom Ireland

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

I have two issues right now. One is major but I'm not going to get into it just yet.
The 2nd is not so big but I need to address it asap before all of our trips coming up.
My 4 12V batteries have not been charging off of the truck while traveling. I'm only getting 0 - to 3volts at my 7way plug. I remember Duane (porthole) saying that the truck only feeds a low voltage. Why is that ?
3 volt is not enough to charge my batteries whit the fridge inverter pulling it right back out.

Candie

Mike & Candie Beaudette
I have two issues right now. One is major but I'm not going to get into it just yet.
The 2nd is not so big but I need to address it asap before all of our trips coming up.
My 4 12V batteries have not been charging off of the truck while traveling. I'm only getting 0 - to 3volts at my 7way plug. I remember Duane (porthole) saying that the truck only feeds a low voltage. Why is that ?
3 volt is not enough to charge my batteries whit the fridge inverter pulling it right back out.

Is it possible that there is a fuse blown in the truck that is feeding battery power to the 7 pin?

Sent from my BBA100-1 using Tapatalk

danemayer

Jerrod,

I'm sure Duane probably said low current/amperage. The voltage with engine running would be around 14V, which is the alternator output. Engine off, it would be in the 12-12.6V range.

Some trucks don't energize the wire with the engine off.

I would start by locating the truck's fuse for that circuit.