Project LM 365

jbeletti

Hey Folks-

Just a comment here on the thread. I had my IS system installed along with Disc Brakes just before the Heartland Rally at MorRyde in June 2017. Great expierience!

I have yet to define the advantage over a standard axle - we still have stuff falling off shelves and drawers opening, etc. I can't tell adifference in the pulling but, it does look good.

THE DISC BRAKES HAVE PAID FOR THEMSELVES MORE THAN ONCE - THEY SHOULD BE MADANTORY ON A BIG 5TH WHEEL.

Thanks

For me, the peace of mind, knowing that I don't have leaf springs and axles is very comforting and worth some amount of money.

That said, IS can fail as well but it's very rare.

I'm with ya on the disc brakes - amazing. Call me a nut job, but I'm planning to add (disc brakes, not IS) them to my new 31' travel trailer!

klindgren

Retired Virginia Chapter Leaders
For me, the peace of mind, knowing that I don't have leaf springs and axles is very comforting and worth some amount of money.

That said, IS can fail as well but it's very rare.

I'm with ya on the disc brakes - amazing. Call me a nut job, but I'm planning to add (disc brakes, not IS) them to my new 31' travel trailer!

No nut job about it Jim. Disc brakes have saved my bacon more than once. I will never own another trailer without them. I don't care how big (or small) the trailer is!

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Lippert Flex-Air Pinbox Warranty Replacement

A few weeks ago when we arrived in Quartzsite AZ. I noticed the rubber flex pad in my Flex-Air pinbox had worked it's way loose and was hanging out the back of the king pin pivot plate. I gave Lippert a call and talked to Todd H. and told him may issue. He had me send in the necessary pictures in a email. Shortly after that it was approved to replacement the lower arm and plate. I asked him to send me a new shock and airbag while he was at it, and said I would pay for those parts. A few days later I received the email saying things where ready to ship with the attachment of the shipping papers. The paperwork only had 1 item and part number. I called in to the shipping department to make sure my shock and airbag. After the guy check the part number he said they where sending me the entire new 21K Flex-Air pinbox. :cool: My old pinbox was a 18K..... HAPPY HAPPY CAMPER !!
The new Pin-box arrived last week and with a little bit of ingenuity, truck shuffling and the Lippert Level-up system, I was able to installed it by myself today. The heaviest thing I lifted was the impact gun.
Thanks to Lippert for their incredible customer service.

FYI. I can not see any difference from the 18K to the 21K they seem to be the same.
a2ba68e22e9f0a4c68dc02dc4cf02aac.jpg

9212b745439d3647210f88b22e4d0d5e.jpg

44f900e6b03134e85ebf6b4d769c2e77.jpg

9bdcc2b5fc59f0145f2de19d3eb48679.jpg

8fd91c42c0441b594f200a682b50b80e.jpg

f43d01426d1e5acd132f89741d54604e.jpg
372e23fa56eedd440a4e10f264c2ea23.jpg

c9e5357cb8ab21f1cc7007ebd78660c9.jpg

RoadJunkie

Jarrod, I guess I don't know enough about the Flex-Air hitch to identify the original problem, but I really liked your approach to swapping the hitches out. I need to get me one of those nifty garage cranes, but with my luck the roof would come tumbling down!

Bones

Nice job on the pin box Jerrod. Things are looking good. If you get the IS let me know the difference if you can. Maybe you could record the interior some how before and an after.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Nice job on the pin box Jerrod. Things are looking good. If you get the IS let me know the difference if you can. Maybe you could record the interior some how before and an after.
Dave l will do what I can to see if I can tell a difference.
We are around 30k on the factory suspension so we will see how it changes..
I need to make something to monitor the ride on the kitchen island.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Bones

It would have to be something that can monitor movement in the RV. maybe a G-force meter or something simple like a string attached to walls with a weight in the middle and a measuring tape to see deflection.

danemayer

Among other things, G-force is logged by this device. And this one. Seems like the function is being built into dash cams now.

Maybe this free app if you have an old phone.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Lippert Flex-Air Pinbox Warranty Replacement

9bdcc2b5fc59f0145f2de19d3eb48679.jpg

/QUOTE]

Did you copy my HF hoist on the garage celling? Put mine up there in May of 2016. Chris
It's amazing how much I use it. I've used it for many different things, from lifting Quads and dirt bikes to doing a bunch of hitch install. Back in the day that you had to install the mounting brackets in the new trucks. I seem to get hustled into doing quite a few of them. If I remember correctly I think I've installed 10 or 12 Rease puck system hitches and 5 B&W ball hitch system with that hoist. Now life is much easier sence the trucks come from the factory ready to roll.
I've used it to unload furniture, and tool boxes.

I think I put it up 2004 or 2005 is my guess.

Some day I plan on putting it on a swing arm and a side to side roller to make it more versatile.

SNOKING

Jerrod, when we sold the house(it had a 9' ceiling in the garage) I moved it to our second RV lot at are summer membership park in Washington and put it on an inverted L post in the ground, with top tied off with a cable around a tree. It is now next to the new shed with all thread rods into the shed frame to hold it up. Gets used to work on golf cart and lift "other" things!! Mine is a 800 lb hoist and I found that using the pulley slowed it down better for putting the hitch in and out.

Love it!

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Project LM 365 was hit with some unexpected weather last night. They said possibly 1 or 2 inches here in the valley floor and this is what we woke up to.

Rhonda really wanted to build a Snowman.

218b28c97ac5843d575aeec36aed8f97.jpg
3bbd5cf45a1b038b1e28713b97fabfa0.jpg
8c572ac41ea55b7c7710b94563aa7f92.jpg
be3cda9869857ace6615452470550831.jpg
a942458e383c71e4e45eba17da1ad09f.jpg

TikiDawg

I was in Littleton Colorado over the weekend. This was my rental car on Saturday morning. I know how you feel.
8dcf65d4e73e000de58d35bf7c237c0d.jpg

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk