Project LM 365

porthole

Retired
We traveled all day yesterday and arrived here in with both batteries at 99% :)

Now that my SOLAR is complete (almost) I have the same results.
Half the trailer loads are on my inverter through a sub panel, so we frequently would arrive and the charger would be in bulk mode for some time (125 amps, 6 LiFEPO4's).

Last three 4 trips have been 99-100% on arrival.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Now that my SOLAR is complete (almost) I have the same results.
Half the trailer loads are on my inverter through a sub panel, so we frequently would arrive and the charger would be in bulk mode for some time (125 amps, 6 LiFEPO4's).

Last three 4 trips have been 99-100% on arrival.
Very nice feeling to not worry about that anymore !!!
Glad you have yours dieled also :)

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

I still have everything I need to run the 4 gauge wire from the truck batteries to the RV batteries but l don't think I will need do it.
Time will tell....

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Titen brakes working intermittently / problem finally solved.

I have had a issue with my brakes sence our trip in Feburary up in Oregon. They would just stop working for some reason. I had been trouble shooting it for some time now and had many trips all over the country. Nail biting at times. Thank goodness for this amazing Ford F350 to handle the work all by itself when needed. My 2008 3500 GMC would have never been able to do what this Ford has done for me..
Ok back to the brakes. I thought maybe it was the pump so I bought a new pump from Michael at Tighten brakes and installed it a few weeks ago. It worked for 1 short trip then started doing it again.
I had a test light jumper wired into the system to see if the truck was doing what it was suppose to and it was.. I've been baffled for a while now trying to figure it out. Well i finally figured it out.

I have the power to the pump being pulled off of the power from the RV batteries inside my 7-way box, well that power is on a auto reset circuit breaker and that breaker has been popping and cutting power to the pump. No I've pulled that power wire out and ran it straight to my battery bus bar, so no more breaker and it has fixed my issue.
I can't believe it took me this long to figure it out...
That is a crappy feeling to not know if they are going to work or not.

danemayer

Hi Jared,

Don't know about your rig, but on some, there are breakers in between the batteries and the buss bar - see attached picture. If you have similar problems in the future, you might look there.

Attachments

• Buss-Bar-and-Related-Breakers.jpg
    Buss-Bar-and-Related-Breakers.jpg
    325.8 KB · Views: 69

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Hi Jared,

Don't know about your rig, but on some, there are breakers in between the batteries and the buss bar - see attached picture. If you have similar problems in the future, you might look there.
Ya dan that is the breaker that is acting up. It is also the one that allows the truck to charge the RV batteries, so that was intermittent also.
I bypassed it and solved my issue.
I will replace it when we get out of Moreryde and over to the campground. Just for the purpose of charging from the truck.
The brake pump will stay direct to the battery buss bar for now. I my do something different later to protect it.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

MoreRyde IS installed... Very happy

We arrived to Morryde in Elkhart Indian on Monday, They have a nice parking lot for us to plug in and spend the night. They started on it Tuesday morning at 6am. Took a few measurements while still hooked to the truck, then I backed it into the shop and let them go to work. :) We had planed on staying in the RV that night but then later decided to just get a Hotel room and stay out of their way. Went to check on it on Wednesday around 11am and he said it would be done around 1:00. We returned at 12:30 and it was just about wrapped up. He had me tow it around the block and come back in to parking lot to check height and final inspections. I could feel a difference just pulling it out of the shop. It was quieter and smoother. Maybe that was just in my mind but after all of the issues we've had with breaking 4 leaf springs, the missing wet bolt, and the issue with it tracking funny to the right. I COULDN'T WAIT TO GET ALL OF THE JUNK OUT FROM UNDER THERE. However It was kinda disappointing to see all of my custom bent hydraulic brake lines I spent so much time on, laying there on the ground in a pile of trashed parts. But after seeing that he did such a great job on his reinstall of the new lines, and he did a great job on painting everything I was very happy. Also I was concerned about the Corplast on the belly. Very happy to see it looks better then it did before they started on it. I could not be happier with this experience from start to finish.
Thanks to Gary Wheeler for setting this up. Thanks to Brian ? for overseeing the entire processes, and Thanks to the mechanic (unfortunately I can't remember his name) for doing such a amazing job in the time he did it. :) Worth every penny !!!!!
We only had to go a few miles from there to the Campground so really haven't had the pleasure of towing it down the big road yet but that day will come soon. Can't wait.
Now it will go to Heartland Factory to have a few minor repairs sense we are hear. We are going to can the POS Carefree toppers and replace them with the Dometic toppers. We are also replacing the slide seals.

Pictures will follow soon

- - - Updated - - -
6619a0f086f542acdd553eb49e26b79d.jpg
f1260545e0a6e983c952c39c75c1eed9.jpg
429d10d426751602343433da27473313.jpg
9716b8f4f44d14ce1eb3a00786ffd0d6.jpg
a955d3ed4a943f133c45daea442637fc.jpg
e40714a845c59056c5c9d6f91ad702a4.jpg
fd6d49b4b2d78553717529b9a394a2d4.jpg
83ae8a0d02f0dcc6a0c47df24a73d7d9.jpg

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Jerrod,
Did you by any chance get the G-force shock readings before and after?
No unfortunately never found the time. I really noticed the difference going over the train tracks. I could feel it when the truck went over but didn't feel it when the trailer went over the track. The piece of mind is worth it for me. The ride is just a bonus !!