Pros / Cons of adding awning over slide?

Handyxena

Our slide is 116 inches and to stop the hammock droop we put two blow up pool floats between the slide and topper and no more pooling

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
We are hunkering down tonight at Mountaindale RV Park west of Colorado Springs, Colorado as a snow storm is rolling in as we speak!

We will leave the slides out since we don't have toppers . . . most of our neighbors here are putting them in for the night!

We were going to leave in the morning for Blue Mesa/Gunnison, Colorado but opted to stay until Tuesday when the sun comes back out.

Guess we'll stay inside and watch movies all day.

Took this today . . . I'll take another tomorrow with the snow:

ProwlerAtMountaindale-PA081312.jpg

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Our slide is 116 inches and to stop the hammock droop we put two blow up pool floats between the slide and topper and no more pooling

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

I made a support from 1”PVC that I slide under the large slide topper. The other three toppers are tight and don’t require any additional support.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
I wonder why none of the slide toppers have some form of quick disconnect so that the slides can be put out without the toppers.

Hmmmmmmm . . . maybe I should invent them so I can retire! :eek:

mlpeloquin

We got slide toppers after a very hard rain. Pounding on the slide roofs make one heck of a racket and could not sleep. Then add hail! I clean the roof with ZEP TNT, Truck and Trailer Wash, along with the slide toppers. Then proceed to the each side of the fifth wheel. This will clean the heck out of anything and strips all the old wax off. I do this once a year and then do a thorough inspection of all calked joints. I actually inspect the roof and calking four times a year just to make sure we are water tight.