Prospective Snowbirder looking to upgrade 5er

Milton55

I am a new member to this forum however have been surfing the posts for the past few months learning about the Heartland products. We have no Heartland dealers in our immediate area so we don't see too many of their trailers in the area.
I am retired and my DW retires in June/14. At that time we plan on taking longer trips (seeing the east coast is definitely on our bucket list) including some extended winter trips to Az and Tx. A lifetime of -35 winters is quite enough, thank-you very much. We currently have a Cougar XLite 26SAB and our TV is a 2008 Dodge 2500, CTD, 4x4. While the Cougar has served us well I'm thinking we will need something bigger and more durable. I'm hoping to stay with the same TV however my limited payload may well require a 1T to haul the bigger 5ers on our wish list.
In the Heartland line I have been looking at the Sundance 3270RES, Elkridge 32TSRE, Big Country 3251TS. I am looking at some other Mfg lines as well but the purpose of this post is to get some feedback from heartland owners, based on your experiences, on what level of trailer I need for my future plans and why. I am more interested in the quality of construction, durability, insulation, etc as well as what features are must haves; I.e. Dual pane windows, etc. examples of your choices, reasons and what you would do differently would be helpful. I would like to stick with a mid profile unit but only want to do this once so if I need to spend more, well you can't take it with you, right! If you could also mention your TV and any mods.
Armed with my continuing research and your tips I hope to make a trip to some of the larger wholesale dealers in the spring to make my selection.
thanks

ncc1701e

I am a new member to this forum however have been surfing the posts for the past few months learning about the Heartland products. We have no Heartland dealers in our immediate area so we don't see too many of their trailers in the area.
I am retired and my DW retires in June/14. At that time we plan on taking longer trips (seeing the east coast is definitely on our bucket list) including some extended winter trips to Az and Tx. A lifetime of -35 winters is quite enough, thank-you very much. We currently have a Cougar XLite 26SAB and our TV is a 2008 Dodge 2500, CTD, 4x4. While the Cougar has served us well I'm thinking we will need something bigger and more durable. I'm hoping to stay with the same TV however my limited payload may well require a 1T to haul the bigger 5ers on our wish list.
In the Heartland line I have been looking at the Sundance 3270RES, Elkridge 32TSRE, Big Country 3251TS. I am looking at some other Mfg lines as well but the purpose of this post is to get some feedback from heartland owners, based on your experiences, on what level of trailer I need for my future plans and why. I am more interested in the quality of construction, durability, insulation, etc as well as what features are must haves; I.e. Dual pane windows, etc. examples of your choices, reasons and what you would do differently would be helpful. I would like to stick with a mid profile unit but only want to do this once so if I need to spend more, well you can't take it with you, right! If you could also mention your TV and any mods.
Armed with my continuing research and your tips I hope to make a trip to some of the larger wholesale dealers in the spring to make my selection.
thanks

Wish you the best in your search. Another Sundance you might find comfortable is the SD3310CL sd_3310cl.jpg. We use it to travel around just as you have mentioned and find it very comfortable for the 3/4 months of snowbird time we spend in South Carolina. The unit actually comes in slightly lighter than the 3270RES. Good luck in your search and I think you'll find the Heartland folks great people. LOL at your comment on finding a local Heartland dealer. We live in KY and had to go to Iowa to find this little beauty.