Proud New Big Horn Owners

My hubby and I had a very exciting March this year. We began the month saying we will be buying a fifth wheel in a year or two to ending the month saying "We hope our new fifth wheel makes it to Portland, Oregon by April 6, when we go to pick it up". It did, our first trip is to The Columbia River Gorge at the end of June. We are so excited for that trip, it seems like time is just dragging.:eek:

danemayer

Hi chrisandphillip,

Congratulations on your new Bighorn and welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum. Waiting can be hard. Have you thought about spending a weekend in the RV next to the house, or somewhere nearby?

For20hunter

Pacific Region Directors-Retired
Congratulations on the purchase of your new Bighorn! I am sure you will love yours as much as my wife and I love ours. Dan brings up a great idea of using it a few times for short trips or stays prior to your big trip to shake out the bugs and find the few things that will inevitably need to be fixed so your big trip goes off without a hitch.

Also, this Forum is such a great tool, I would strongly urge you to use it often, join as a member and attend some Rallies to meet some like minded folks and develop some life long friendships.

The Washington Rally in Spokane and Oregon Rally in Coos Bay, are both in July just a couple weeks apart and we would love it if you could make one or both. The Oregon Rally is July 11th to the 13th and the Washington Rally is just two weeks later (July 25th to the 27th). If you join the club as an introductory member (free for the first year) of join as a regular member the Rallies are free and paid for by Heartland. If not, it's just a $20.00 fee for a couple.

If you have any questions, feel free to send me a message and I will get back to you ASAP. As I said earlier, please use the forum as it is a great resource for all sorts of information and the folks here are so unbelievably helpful and have so much experience and knowledge they can answer just about any question you can ask.

Rod Ditrich

Dan and Ann,

Funny you should mention that. Our almost three year old granddaughter is spending the night with us in a few weeks and we had planned on going "camping" in the new rig with her; next to our house!

Philip and Chris Savage
Marysville, Wa
2015 Big Horn 3010RE, 2009 Doge Ram One Ton Dually Big Horn

Grampafish

Washington Chapter Leaders-Retired
Welcome to the Bighorn world! We've had ours just one year. We hope you enjoy your first year as much as we did. Looking forward to meeting you soon at a rally or a local campground.

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
Welcome from Oregon. As Rod said, please consider a rally or two. They are a great way to get to know your trailer and people who love to camp as much as you do.

Hopefully we meet you sometime soon.

Kristy

yport

Welcome from Cape Cod ... we just got back from Florida for the winter in our new Big Horn and LOVE it. What model did you get?

ParkIt

Dan and Ann,

Funny you should mention that. Our almost three year old granddaughter is spending the night with us in a few weeks and we had planned on going "camping" in the new rig with her; next to our house!

Philip and Chris Savage
Marysville, Wa
2015 Big Horn 3010RE, 2009 Doge Ram One Ton Dually Big Horn

You are just up the road from me and with our lovely downpour weather with trees everywhere, check the top gutters about once a week to keep them clear of debris. Your Granddaughter will love the sound too, it might be scary at first then it becomes soothing.

Another reason to do a couple of dry runs in the driveway: just when you are pretty sure everything won't fit, you find yourself with more room.
I still haven't figured out that one in my unit! ;)

What park are you headed to along the Columbia? Some are better than others, I typically have my unit at Vantage by now but my first Granddaughter is due in a couple of weeks so I'm not going until July.

Welcome and have fun! :)

Glen and Sharon,

We fell in love with the floorplan 3010RE. We had a 24 foot TT and we were constantly bumping into each other. Now we feel that we have some room to breathe.

Parkit,

We love Oregon and all its waterfalls, so our first trip is to the Hood River/White Salmon area. Thanks for the advice on the gutters.

ParkIt

Beautiful area, my folks above White Salmon so I head down there a lot. Haven't taken the rig down, there is a couple of nice parks all around the area but the drivers can be a bit nuts heading to and from The Dalles.
The weather can be windy so just watch the awning, aside from a few rare occasions and being parked in exactly in the right place that wind is pretty consistent anywhere along the Columbia!