Proud new Heartland owners!

DandJochs

We just recently purchased a Sundance 3270RES, love the floor plan and quality of this 5th wheel! The only issue we have with it is the blue awning on a coach with brown trim, but we are working on getting that resolved!

Dennis and Jackie

BigJim45

Luv'n Life
Love the Heartland Sundance. Will be my next one that we get maybe next year. Enjoy and welcome to the family.

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Congratulations on your new "condo on wheels". We started our Heartland experience in a Sundance and haven't looked back. Might want to check out the Heartland Owners Club and all the many rallies for Heartland owners. Enjoy and travel safely.

BNK9

New 2013 Pioneer QB owner, cant wait for the weekend. Our first RV trip, going to Rockport for Easter. Kids are excited and read to go. Glad to be apart of the Heartland family.

danemayer

New 2013 Pioneer QB owner, cant wait for the weekend. Our first RV trip, going to Rockport for Easter. Kids are excited and read to go. Glad to be apart of the Heartland family.

Hi BNK9,

Congratulations on your new trailer and welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum.

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
Congratulations! Maybe you can make it down to our rally in June at Winchester Bay, or to the Washington rally in July.
Kristy

DW_Gray

Congratulations on your new Sundance 3270RES and welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum. Consider joining the Club. Travel light, tow safely.

We should pick up our new Sundance 322res on Wednesday and looking forward to a weekend trip to get things all in place. It is great to be part of the Heartland family.

jimtoo

We should pick up our new Sundance 322res on Wednesday and looking forward to a weekend trip to get things all in place. It is great to be part of the Heartland family.

HI sbailey729,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Family.

When you go to pickup your new Sundance, do a very good, slow PDI. Check everything to make sure it works and you can work everything. From draining the tanks to the TV's. Then have a great time with your new unit.

Enjoy the forum and join us at a rally.

Jim M

DEHAUGEN

We recently brought home our new 3270RES and LOVE IT... although the cold weather is stopping from enjoying it as much as we'd like. I have already changed a few things to make it more logical (i.e. moving the main light switches out of the control panel), but I haven't had to modify nearly as much as I have on past RVs. My wife did TONS of homework to make sure we bought the right trailer this time and I think Sundance was definitely the right choice!

Question... Does anybody know if Sundance sells specific decals? I am thinking about using a couple that the 3270RES has on our truck, to make them match. (Sorry if this is discussed elsewhere, it just popped in my head as I was typing.)

Any advice (specific to the 3270RES or Sundance/Heartland in general) is welcome and appreciated)!

Erik & Danni Haugen
2009 GMC 3500HD CC LB SRW
2014 Sundance 3270RES
2002 Sugar Sand Tango (jet boat)

jimtoo

Hi Erik and Danni,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

I am sure you can get the decals you need from Heartland Customer Service, 877-262-8032 or 574-262-8030. Have your VIN handy and you will probably need to send a picture or email to make sure you get the right ones.

Enjoy the forum and your new toy... join us at a rally when you can.

Jim M

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
Welcome to the group. It's hard to get a new rig in the fall and have to look at it all winter in the driveway. It's good you can use that time to get acquainted and make changes you want to make.

Kristy

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Eric and Danni, welcome to the Heartland Family and Heartland Owners Forum.
If you are needing some graphics for your truck, give Heartland Customer Service a call. They should be able to help you out.

Peace
Dave

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
Erik & Danni,
Welcome to the Heartland family. When you take your new rig out this spring, consider coming to our Utah Chapter rally in May 2014.
It's a beautiful drive from Colorado to Utah. :) Trace

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Erik & Danni,
Welcome to the Heartland family. When you take your new rig out this spring, consider coming to our Utah Chapter rally in May 2014.
It's a beautiful drive from Colorado to Utah. :) Trace

Not to mention the Colorado rally in Colorado Springs the weekend after Memorial Day Weekend!

1_oldgoat

Looks like this is the place to say hello and introduce ourselves..
Hello to all, name is Marcus and Shelli, we are the proud owners of a new Gateway 3500 RE, we have owned several other rv's but this is our first fifth wheel. We live in southern Idaho so its snowing now but we are planning our first trip and will be leaving in a few days. We wanted to make sure any problems we may encounter are taken care of before we hit the road this spring.
We did alot of research before making the decision to buy a Heartland RV, i do believe its going to be a great home away from home for us. We spend 4-6 months on the road so wanted something designed to be used the way we are going to use this.
The dealership we bought the Gateway from is new to the product line so my walk thru left several unanswered questions, it looks as if this forum will be the place to get help.
Does anyone out there know if the offdoor slide can be adjusted so it closes tight and flush against the side of the body?? The other 2 slides close flush while the offdoor slide is only tight on the bottom and left side, the top right is a few inchs from being tight against the side of the trailer, when i ask the tech who showed me the unit when i picked it up just said it wouldn't leak and not to worry about it??
I have repaired a few other small things in the last week since i took delivery, some drawyers needed adjusted and the kitchen sink was leaking from loose conections with pipe fittings, not a big deal. Keeping fingers crossed that will be the only issues i have.
Thanks in advance for any help or sugestions on slide adjustment, and i look fwd to hearing from u all.

jimtoo

HI Marcus and Shelli,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

I don't know what slide you have, but it should close evenly all around. We have manuals posted in the Tools area also, but I would think your dealer should be able to adjust it for you if they have any kind of service department.

It's not unusual to have a loose connection it seems, but keep and eye on them and they will go away after you tighten'em up. :)

Any problems, just ask for help and someone here will try to give advice or help.

Jim M

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
Welcome to the group.
Be sure to check out the forum for rallies in our area. We have one in July on the coast and WA has one two weeks later near Spokane.

Kristy

1_oldgoat

Jim M, Mark and Kristi, thank you for the welcome!! I appreciate it very much.
Jim, i posted another thread, the dealership i bought my Gateway from is brand new to the product line and ours was the dirst one to leave thier lot so i understand they are going through a learning period as well, i belive you are correct that the slide should close evenly, i just noticed when it is open the right side bottom does not drop down to allow the floor to be even either, it sits up over an inch and looks odd, it is hidden from view from the couch corner, otherwise i would have mentioned it when i did my walk through.
My salesman is trying to get a few answers for me on questions he and the tech couldn't answer from thier Gateway rep. Do you know why there was no owners manual with this unit or should there have been?? I have a rocker switch unmarked that no one could tell me what it was for, and the tech was unsure where the bypass for the water heater was located, his guess was to crawl into belly storage and remove a panel to get to it, the diagram on the door is a bit vague. I can dry winterize this year if i can't get answers but would rather use antifreeze through out to be safe.
My slides are electric however it appears some Gateway models are hydraulic, my salesman actualy thought they were the latter until i showed him otherwise! He was great to work with as was everyone at the dealership i dealt with so not knocking anyone.
I need to figure out what system my slide uses and see if the HUD has directions on adjustment.
Thanks again Jim M, Mark and Kristi, wd will be in the Spokane area alot this summer so may meet you at the rally!!

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Not being sure what brand your slides are, but HERE IS A LINK to a couple of slideout manuals that are posted in the 'Tools' area found at the top of the page.
You may find what you are looking for there. If you are not comfortable doing it yourself, maybe this will benefit your dealers servicing.
Oh, and the slides should fit to the wall. Unlike the tech that told you not to worry about it, I would.

Peace
Dave