Puchased New in April

hodgedl1

I purchased my new Eddie Bauer Camper in April 2024. It is already back to Campers World in Calera for slide out repairs. My wife and I have only used it one time for a trip to Panama City Beach. Campers World said it may take some time because of the process and approvals that Heatland makes them go through for warranty repairs. Being unable to use the camper this fall is very diappointing and has already cost us a trip to Tennessee. Is there a way to speed up the process with Heartland?

Attachments

• 20240915_152456.jpg
    20240915_152456.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 11
  • 20240915_152452.jpg
    20240915_152452.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 12

RoadJunkie

I don't believe that Heartland is your problem. You indicated that you're "back to Campers World" (I'm assuming it's really Camping World) and you're probably not in the priority category that you would like at that location. Heartland will authorize an RV mobile company to execute the repairs and you may only be liable for the service call fee. The seal you posted in your pictures may actually be able to be reseated and secured properly. Work with Heartland to obtain an authorization and take your rig back home to be repaired by a reputable mobile company. After all, this is their living and they protect their reputation. That's my $ .02.

Bogie

From your pictures it looks like the top interior bulb seal has come off. The outside one looks intact.
Can't tell for sure, but the seal doesn't look damaged.

If you are handy, you might want to try and re-attach the seal yourself. It will save you a lot of time and grief dealing with Camping World and keep you on the road.

Alternately, you could call Heartland and ask them to approve having a mobile tech in your area make the repair. If they approve it, you will probably have to pay the tech out of pocket and get reimbursed by Heartland.