PullRite Superglide/39 mbhs/gmc Denali

scotteam1

I am bringing it to the dealer. I am thinking the issue is the slide function is making the trailer move back just far enough that the pin mounting bracket is hitting the tailgate. i will take photos when i hitch it up again to move it. No i did not lower tailgate to move it. My truck is not jacked up its original equipment and 4x4. i can say that the way it is hooked up right now it will take out the sides of my bed in slide mode when it comes around. that is definite. The part that will hit is the bracket and yes it may be needed to cut off part of that bracket. I will transport to the hitch dealer but the the mechanic told me they have never installed one of the hitches yet they sold it to me... HMM>

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Sounds like maybe you should take the tailgate off for the drive to the dealer.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Sounds like maybe you should take the tailgate off for the drive to the dealer.

I have a louvered tailgate on in my letter to Santa . . .

Although he will probably bring me socks and underwear, along with a large lump of coal this year . . . :p

ChristmasUndies2008-IMGP0728.jpg

IronJ

Its hitting because of the pin box height and/or the length of pin box rear . The install manual specifically references these measurements several times .

5f8a1fc6c6b37836807ffe9a28dfb016.jpg

The hitch is working fine and as it should.

Did you have it installed somewhere else without the trailer where they could not check the clearances??

If so, its not the installers fault. Its probably installed 100% correctly...

Ive seen this happen several times with several slider setups...its not a pullrite specific issue...

Sucks to hear about damage to your truck. The installer should have given you very specific warnings and a walk-through on what to watch for when you hooked up if they didnt have trailer...

Your only real options here (other than a non slider hitch) are to cut the rear tabs off or to raise pinbox enough for proper clearance...

Its tough on these new monster tall 4x4 trucks.

Good luck and let us know what you end up doing as it may help others down the line.

Jeremy

sent from space via an invisible beam from a flying metal dish